According to sources after disrupting the telecom and broadband industries in India, the next thrust area for Reliance in is reportedly Jio Payments Bank. Meanwhile before launching the payments bank, it is leveraging its massive manpower strength of 100,000 employees to test out the business and hence the company had followed a similar method when it had launched its mobile phone service, Jio around three years back.
Accordingly Jio Payments Bank is a joint venture between State Bank of India, India’s largest public sector bank and Reliance Industries Limited, India’s largest private sector company, on a 30:70 partnership. Meanwhile this was one of the 8 licenses that the RBI issued, some of the others being Airtel, Paytm and Fino Payment Banks.
Furthermore some of the mutually beneficial outcomes of this association between SBI and RIL are: the much advertised YONO platform of SBI has been already integrated with Reliance Jio with the My Jio app, Jio Prime, the customer loyalty programme offered by Jio will be offered to the SBI customers too and so on. Also SBI Rewardz, the loyalty program offered by SBI will also be integrated with Jio Prime. Moreover there may be benefits to Reliance in its digital technology business in which it is quite aggressive, since SBI may offer some business to Reliance Jio to develop its communication and digital network.
WB released $250 Million for post flood construction work for Kerala Reportedly the first tranche of $250 million of the $500 million fund set aside by the World Bank for the Resilient Kerala Program (RKP) to help improve the state's resilience against natural disasters and climate change has been cleared. Furthermore according to a top bank official Kerala has become the first Indian state to get this fund, said Junaid Ahmad, Country Director, World Bank
- Few places of Chennai received heavy Rainfall
- SBI fined for violating asset classification norms: RBI
- Kia Seltos CEOs Letter raises Trolling & Criticism
- Opposition Parties meets Governor regarding construction of New Telangana Secretariat
- BJP MLA's daughter and her Husband on the run since they announced their marriage
- Is Saravana Bhavan Hotel owner suffering from heart ailment?
- Widespread criticism raised in Chandrayaan 2 issue
- Why this BJP MLA criticizes Muslims?
- Ravi Prakash's Future Plan Announcement in August
- YS Jagan constituted Cabinet Sub-Committee to review PPAs
- Hyderabad Woman jumped from 4th floor with 3 year kid
- This 12 year Girl runs a Free Library in Kochi
- Chennai Corporation specified penalty amounts for those who do not comply with plastic ban
- Uber Eats to boost business in Small Town
- Ram Madhav confirmed on humiliation at TANA?