Accordingly Chief Election Commissioner O.P. Rawat justified deletion of lakhs of voters in Telangana saying the Election Commission used the latest technology to purify the electoral rolls during special revision. Meanwhile the number of voters in Telangana have come down from 2.82 crore in 2014 to 2.73 crore as per the final rolls published this month and the net deletions were about 22 lakh as 12 lakh new voters were added.
As per report the CEC, however, assured the political parties that the election authorities will look into their specific complaints through verification by Electoral Registration Officer (ERO) concerned in the presence of representatives of all political parties. Furthermore it was stated that the CEC explained that the voters' list was brought on digital platform and they used de-duplication software and latest technology to find the deficiencies and correct them.
He said "This is a transition phase and once EROnet becomes operational throughout the country and linked to registrar of births and deaths, all these problems will evaporate”.
Few places of Chennai received heavy Rainfall Accordingly in what came as a pleasant relief for a parched city, Chennai witnessed heavy rainfall on Sunday evening. Meanwhile at a time when the city is faced with a crippling water crisis, the convective rains came accompanied by thunder and lightning in many parts of the city.
- SBI fined for violating asset classification norms: RBI
- Kia Seltos CEOs Letter raises Trolling & Criticism
- Opposition Parties meets Governor regarding construction of New Telangana Secretariat
- BJP MLA's daughter and her Husband on the run since they announced their marriage
- Is Saravana Bhavan Hotel owner suffering from heart ailment?
- Widespread criticism raised in Chandrayaan 2 issue
- Why this BJP MLA criticizes Muslims?
- Ravi Prakash's Future Plan Announcement in August
- YS Jagan constituted Cabinet Sub-Committee to review PPAs
- Hyderabad Woman jumped from 4th floor with 3 year kid
- This 12 year Girl runs a Free Library in Kochi
- Chennai Corporation specified penalty amounts for those who do not comply with plastic ban
- Uber Eats to boost business in Small Town
- Ram Madhav confirmed on humiliation at TANA?
- Siddaramaiah announces Trust Vote on Thursday at Karnataka Assembly