According to sources a day after Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan chaired a high level meeting with senior police officials in Thiruvananthapuram. Meanwhile authorities on Thursday launched a crackdown on protesters who prevented women in the 10 to 50 age group from entering the Sabarimala temple. Recently police have arrested over 1,400 people across the state, registering 258 cases against 2,000 people for defying an order of the Supreme Court that had allowed women of all ages to visit the temple.
Accordingly the police arrested people from Pathanamthitta the district where the temple is located, Thiruvananthapuram, Kozhikode, Ernakulam and elsewhere. Furthermore the arrests came after Vijayan chaired a high level meeting yesterday and the arrests had become a certainty after the police first released pictures of over 200 people who they thought were responsible for attacking the police, media and pilgrims.
As per report Kerala BJP President P.S. Sreedharan Pillai said that he would soon approach the High Court against the police action against the devotees. Pillai said "What's happening now is false cases are being registered against the devotees who stood to protect the traditions of the temple and hence this is done purposely by the CPI-M to finish off this famed temple”.
Last date for filing I-T return for 2018-19 is July 31, Have you filed? Reportedly back in 1966, the Beatles sang "If you drive a car, I'll tax the street / If you try to sit, I'll tax your seat..." ("Taxman" from the album Revolver). Meanwhile it's that time of the year when the taxman's piercing gaze falls on mortals who eke out an honest living. The last date for filing I-T return for 2018-19 is July 31. Like most other years the last date may be extended. The threshold exemption
- WB released $250 Million for post flood construction work for Kerala
- Few places of Chennai received heavy Rainfall
- SBI fined for violating asset classification norms: RBI
- Kia Seltos CEOs Letter raises Trolling & Criticism
- Opposition Parties meets Governor regarding construction of New Telangana Secretariat
- BJP MLA's daughter and her Husband on the run since they announced their marriage
- Is Saravana Bhavan Hotel owner suffering from heart ailment?
- Widespread criticism raised in Chandrayaan 2 issue
- Why this BJP MLA criticizes Muslims?
- Ravi Prakash's Future Plan Announcement in August
- YS Jagan constituted Cabinet Sub-Committee to review PPAs
- Hyderabad Woman jumped from 4th floor with 3 year kid
- This 12 year Girl runs a Free Library in Kochi
- Chennai Corporation specified penalty amounts for those who do not comply with plastic ban
- Uber Eats to boost business in Small Town