According to sources a day after Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan chaired a high level meeting with senior police officials in Thiruvananthapuram. Meanwhile authorities on Thursday launched a crackdown on protesters who prevented women in the 10 to 50 age group from entering the Sabarimala temple. Recently police have arrested over 1,400 people across the state, registering 258 cases against 2,000 people for defying an order of the Supreme Court that had allowed women of all ages to visit the temple.
Accordingly the police arrested people from Pathanamthitta the district where the temple is located, Thiruvananthapuram, Kozhikode, Ernakulam and elsewhere. Furthermore the arrests came after Vijayan chaired a high level meeting yesterday and the arrests had become a certainty after the police first released pictures of over 200 people who they thought were responsible for attacking the police, media and pilgrims.
As per report Kerala BJP President P.S. Sreedharan Pillai said that he would soon approach the High Court against the police action against the devotees. Pillai said "What's happening now is false cases are being registered against the devotees who stood to protect the traditions of the temple and hence this is done purposely by the CPI-M to finish off this famed temple”.
Alibaba makes record selling in first five minutes & $10 billion figure achieved As per report Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba announced generation of whopping $30.8 billion in terms of Gross Merchandise Value (GMV) during Singles' Day sale the 24 hour annual shopping event held on November 11, beating the last year's record of $25 billion. Meanwhile around 180,000 brands had participated in the sale on all retail platforms of the company. Apple, Xiaomi
- Distributing 1 Lakh Cows per year is in BJPs Manifesto
- 69% Pakistanis aged 15-65 years don't know what the Internet is!!!
- Why Pasupuleti Balaraju quit TDP joined Janasena Party?
- Telangana Polls scheduled to be held by December 7
- Trump missing from one of weekend's most powerful images
- TRS MP Kavita attacked TPCC Chief
- Stalin condemns Periyar caste reference!
- Gaja storm getting intensified!
- Sivakasi laborers set to lose jobs!
- Viral video from Kaduvetti guru son!
- TRS released list of candidates for 107 of 119 Assembly Constituencies
- YSRCP Leader YS Jagan resumed his Padayatra with Emotional Welcome
- AAP includes Jobs for Youth in its Manifesto
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated two major national highways
- Why TN CM defended protests against AR Murugadoss's Sarkar?