According to sources a day after Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan chaired a high level meeting with senior police officials in Thiruvananthapuram. Meanwhile authorities on Thursday launched a crackdown on protesters who prevented women in the 10 to 50 age group from entering the Sabarimala temple. Recently police have arrested over 1,400 people across the state, registering 258 cases against 2,000 people for defying an order of the Supreme Court that had allowed women of all ages to visit the temple.
Accordingly the police arrested people from Pathanamthitta the district where the temple is located, Thiruvananthapuram, Kozhikode, Ernakulam and elsewhere. Furthermore the arrests came after Vijayan chaired a high level meeting yesterday and the arrests had become a certainty after the police first released pictures of over 200 people who they thought were responsible for attacking the police, media and pilgrims.
As per report Kerala BJP President P.S. Sreedharan Pillai said that he would soon approach the High Court against the police action against the devotees. Pillai said "What's happening now is false cases are being registered against the devotees who stood to protect the traditions of the temple and hence this is done purposely by the CPI-M to finish off this famed temple”.
Will YS Jagan accept invitation from KTR in joining Federal Front? Hyderabad sources reported that K T Rama Rao, who is the son of Telangana Chief Minister and TRS President K. Chandrashekhar Rao, also known as KCR, along with some other leaders of the party will hold talks with Jaganmohan Reddy, who is the Leader of Opposition in Andhra Pradesh Assembly. Meanwhile this will be the first direct talks between the leaders of two parties since KCR floated
- Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police?
- Mahesh Kathi comes with another controversy with Pawan Kalyan
- Trump ordered American feast of burgers for visiting football team
- Telugu comedian Brahmanandam undergone bypass surgery
- AK Sikri declines joining commonwealth tribunal!
- Kodanadu estate case investigation in peaks!
- UP minister's tells people to burn politicians!
- Supreme Court notice to central govt!
- A Judge partially blocked a set of Trump administration rules
- Follow Indian Traditions Leave Western Lifestyles: Venkaiah Naidu
- Unresolved differences between Kanchi Seer and Mahatma Gandhi continues
- Cockpit Voice recorder of Lion Air Jet found
- Modi said BJP worker is driven by National Interest & not by any self-interest
- KCR plans that will last generations
- RBI tokenizes transactions made through Debit, Credit & Prepaid Cards in India