According to sources two years after it first mooted the idea, Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) has once again proposed hiring retired army service personnel as ‘garbage marshals’ to keep a check on indiscriminate garbage dumping and burning in the city from January. Meanwhile the Palike’s top brass has sought the state government’s approval for the same. Presently, 15 such marshals are employed by the BBMP as part of a pilot project.
Accordingly the decision comes after the Karnataka High Court recently took up a fresh case relating to the city’s infamous garbage problem. Furthermore the first bench of the HC comprising Chief Justice Dinesh Maheshwari and Justice SG Pandit asked the Palike to come up with a “concrete plan” to keep the city clean by October 31 and hence the HC is hearing a batch of petitions regarding the garbage mess in the city.
Moreover Katyayani Chamraj, a former senior journalist and an activist, said, “The BBMP has been practicing contempt of court since 2012 in the matter. Further the HC had specifically ordered that garbage should be processed at a ward level. Presently only four wards (out of 198) in the last hearing had submitted an action plan to do so and even the vehicles used for waste collection are not compliant as per the court’s orders.”
Is Tamilnadu a Garbhagriha if India is a Temple Chennai sources made a statement that Tamilnadu created many spiritual leaders including those from Jains to serve the people. Meanwhile this was also the objective of the late chief minister J. Jayalalitha, who had taken a political path. Accordingly Chief Minister Edappadi K. Palaniswami said in Acharya Shree Mahashraman Chaturmas Pravas Vyavastha Samiti held in the city, on Saturday. “Jain saints and late Chief Minister J. Jayalalitha converge on same ideals”.
- GST Council reduces tax rates
- Kollywood Actors pitch in for Cyclone Gaja
- Why Pawan halted his Praja Porata Yatra abruptly & left to Mumbai?
- California Wildfire death toll Rose to 80
- What astrologers say various political entities in Telangana elections 2018?
- Andhra Man found under Moving Train, Escaped miraculously Watch this VIDEO!
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Kundli-Manesar-Palwal (KMP) Expressway in Gurgaon
- Telangana Polls : TRS Vs Mahakutami - Ramana promises Mahakutami will bring down KCR family
- Revanth Ready set to score a hat-trick this time
- Dog meat controversy catches fire!
- CM yet to visit Delta - The reasons?
- People surround ministers in Orathanadu!
- Rain warnings for Delta districts!
- Not mandatory to provide Aadhaar to appear for Neet, UGC & CBSE exams
- TN DMK Party contributes 1 crore towards Cyclone relief activities