According to sources two years after it first mooted the idea, Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) has once again proposed hiring retired army service personnel as ‘garbage marshals’ to keep a check on indiscriminate garbage dumping and burning in the city from January. Meanwhile the Palike’s top brass has sought the state government’s approval for the same. Presently, 15 such marshals are employed by the BBMP as part of a pilot project.
Accordingly the decision comes after the Karnataka High Court recently took up a fresh case relating to the city’s infamous garbage problem. Furthermore the first bench of the HC comprising Chief Justice Dinesh Maheshwari and Justice SG Pandit asked the Palike to come up with a “concrete plan” to keep the city clean by October 31 and hence the HC is hearing a batch of petitions regarding the garbage mess in the city.
Moreover Katyayani Chamraj, a former senior journalist and an activist, said, “The BBMP has been practicing contempt of court since 2012 in the matter. Further the HC had specifically ordered that garbage should be processed at a ward level. Presently only four wards (out of 198) in the last hearing had submitted an action plan to do so and even the vehicles used for waste collection are not compliant as per the court’s orders.”
World Bank withdrew from Amaravati due to Corruption, say AP officials The World Bank has decided not to fund Amaravati Sustainable Capital City Development Project, the ambitious project of former Andhra Pradesh chief minister Chandrababu Naidu. The World Bank's Website marked the project as 'Dropped'. The total project cost was USD 715 million with the World Bank planning to provide a loan of USD 300 million.
- Ganta Blackmailing Chandrababu Naidu?
- CM Jagan Announces A New Record of Both the Telugu States
- Telangana DGP warns about Cyber Criminals Online
- House in Telangana's urban areas will no longer require permissions from local bodies
- Unnecessary issue for Telangana Home Minister by his Grandson in TikTok
- Huge drop sees in Hotel Occupancy rate in Vijayawada!
- Are you Aged yourself in FaceApp which is going viral
- Kishan Reddy To Be Telangana BJP CM Candidate?
- 2766 Crore Power Scam in TDP Regime
- CM Jagan Takes A Historic Decision for Social Justice
- Infosys co-founder awarded honorary degree of Doctor of Science by University of London
- Holiday declared for all schools & colleges in Karnataka today due to Heavy Rain
- 4 Dams shutters opened in Kerala due to heavy rain
- To boost MSME CM Jagan launched "YSR Navodayam"
- Telangana ACB looks into ESI Medicine supplies scam