According to sources two years after it first mooted the idea, Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) has once again proposed hiring retired army service personnel as ‘garbage marshals’ to keep a check on indiscriminate garbage dumping and burning in the city from January. Meanwhile the Palike’s top brass has sought the state government’s approval for the same. Presently, 15 such marshals are employed by the BBMP as part of a pilot project.
Accordingly the decision comes after the Karnataka High Court recently took up a fresh case relating to the city’s infamous garbage problem. Furthermore the first bench of the HC comprising Chief Justice Dinesh Maheshwari and Justice SG Pandit asked the Palike to come up with a “concrete plan” to keep the city clean by October 31 and hence the HC is hearing a batch of petitions regarding the garbage mess in the city.
Moreover Katyayani Chamraj, a former senior journalist and an activist, said, “The BBMP has been practicing contempt of court since 2012 in the matter. Further the HC had specifically ordered that garbage should be processed at a ward level. Presently only four wards (out of 198) in the last hearing had submitted an action plan to do so and even the vehicles used for waste collection are not compliant as per the court’s orders.”
TDP Govt in AP implemented Rythu Raksha scheme According to sources Rythu Raksha is a scheme aimed at providing input subsidy for farmers in Andhra Pradesh. Meanwhile the Government has proposed to credit the money directly into the bank account of farmers and the scheme will be implemented from the next Kharif season in a phased manner. Hence this scheme will also include tenant farmers. Furthermore the guidelines for the scheme
- Food Apps staff warned for violating Traffic Rules
- Tamilnadu CM ready for By-polls with Lok Sabha Polls
- Exciting News: Flipkart Republic Day Sale started from January 20 to 22, 2019
- Hyderabad Police organized Job Connect program to provide job opportunities
- GoAir to operate services from Kannur to Muscat from February 28
- Did Sasikala have special privileges in Jail?
- Telangana CM KCR's ideology to make Telangana roads shine like a Mirror
- Lalu Prasad Yadav to get a verdict on January 28!
- H.Raja gets triggered with Stalin speech!
- Dhanush's costar reveals sexual harassment trouble!
- Did Congress MLA gift Mercedes Benz to Siddaramaiah?
- I salute Manohar Parrikar's efforts at work," PM Modi
- Muhurtam for Telangana CM KCR's Chandiyaagam is fixed
- Traffic diversions in Chennai for Republic Day Parade
- UNESCO names Rio De Janeiro as 2020 World's Capital Structure