Chennai sources stated that contending that India is keenly watching the political developments in Sri Lanka; BJP state president Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan said the Centre believes that democracy and constitution should be respected in Sri Lanka. Meanwhile when reacting to the appointment of Mahinda Rajapaksa as Sri Lanka’s new Prime Minister, she said the presence of a BJP government at the Centre under Prime Minister Narendra Modi would be a morale booster for Tamils and that the Centre would take all steps to protect the Tamils in Lanka.
Presently the political atmosphere in India is not what it used to be during the regime of Congress led UPA and it has changed completely and charged up too under dynamic rule of Mr. Modi who will protect the Tamils. She said "The lives of Tamils in Lanka should be protected and she hopes there wouldn’t be any threat,” recalled that Rajapaksa had said the then UPA government had fully backed him in waging the war against the Tamils. She added but things have changed and history would not repeat, as Congress had been sent packing home.
Moreover shortly after he became PM, Mr. Modi visited Jaffna and dedicated air ambulance and inaugurated houses for the Tamils in the island nation and he is committed to the well-being of the Tamils in Lanka. As per report Dr. Tamilsai left for Chicago to receive the ‘rising star of Indian politics’ award at the eighth congressional award function in Chicago on Sunday.
Jagan's New Rule Detrimental to Investments in Andhra Pradesh? The Ruling Party in Andhra Pradesh has introduced a bill on the employment of local candidates in industries and factories mandate the state government to ensure 75 percent of employment opportunities to locals. It also puts the government under obligation to provide training to eligible local candidates.
- AP Opposition Leader & FM had heated argument about WB funding
- Congress Becomes Headless in Andhra Pradesh
- Will 86 Indian Sailors Held Captive in Indonesia be released?
- Three TDP MLAs Suspended from AP Assembly
- YS Jagan's Bumper Offer to Junior NTR?
- Farewell given to ESL Narasimhan by AP CM Jagan
- AP CM Jagan greeted ISRO team for launching Chandrayaan 2 successfully
- UIDAI to appoint adjudicating Officer to deal in contravention cases
- Picture of Priyanka Chopra smoking gone viral
- Chandrayaan 2 successfully launched by ISRO
- Did Kerala successfully fought against Nipah Virus?
- Sri Reddy is tech savvy & knows just how to use social media
- Telangana CM KCR reached his native village
- Why no Top Official greeted Pakistani OM Imran Khan at Dulles Airport?
- Visakhapatnam facing crunch of Domestic flights