Chennai sources stated that contending that India is keenly watching the political developments in Sri Lanka; BJP state president Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan said the Centre believes that democracy and constitution should be respected in Sri Lanka. Meanwhile when reacting to the appointment of Mahinda Rajapaksa as Sri Lanka’s new Prime Minister, she said the presence of a BJP government at the Centre under Prime Minister Narendra Modi would be a morale booster for Tamils and that the Centre would take all steps to protect the Tamils in Lanka.
Presently the political atmosphere in India is not what it used to be during the regime of Congress led UPA and it has changed completely and charged up too under dynamic rule of Mr. Modi who will protect the Tamils. She said "The lives of Tamils in Lanka should be protected and she hopes there wouldn’t be any threat,” recalled that Rajapaksa had said the then UPA government had fully backed him in waging the war against the Tamils. She added but things have changed and history would not repeat, as Congress had been sent packing home.
Moreover shortly after he became PM, Mr. Modi visited Jaffna and dedicated air ambulance and inaugurated houses for the Tamils in the island nation and he is committed to the well-being of the Tamils in Lanka. As per report Dr. Tamilsai left for Chicago to receive the ‘rising star of Indian politics’ award at the eighth congressional award function in Chicago on Sunday.
Tehelka Mathews makes another accusation on Jayalalitha's mysterious death! Former Tehelka editor Samuel Mathews had recently released a documentary on Kodanadu murders and thefts, where he had accused the Tamilnadu Chief minister Edappadi Palanisamy of the murders in the estate for acquiring some evidence from the estate, following which a case was filed by the TN govt against him.
- Tamilisai opens up on DMK alliance!
- Priyanka Gandhi enters active politics!
- Alone time given Me the strength to handle life: PM Modi
- Indian Movie nominated for Oscars
- Will Prabhas get BJP MLA ticket for 2019 Elections?
- APSRTC Employees Union calls for indefinite statewide strike from February 6
- Hyderabad HC issued notices to makers of 'Lakshmi's NTR'
- Iconic Bikini Climber dies on Mountain
- Toyota makes Joint Venture with Panasonic
- India's Air Passenger Traffic hikes
- India facing a rising tide of people unwilling to be vaccinated
- Chinese vendors flooded both online & offline channels for Smartphone selling
- TDP is seemingly attempting to tap into Kapu vote bank
- Former VHP leader's sensational remark on Modi!
- TN Milk agents warn Simbu!