Rice flour 1 cup, Moong dal | Yellow moong dal 2 tblsp, Butter 1 tsp, Oil 1 tblsp+ for deep frying, Salt to taste, Asafoetida a pinch, Cumin seeds 1/8 tsp, Sesame seeds 1/8 tsp, Water to knead the dough. Dry roast the moong dal and make it into a fine powder. Now days we get readymade moong dal flour in shops. In a wide bowl add rice flour, roasted moong dal flour, butter, 1 tblsp hot oil, salt, asafoetida, cumin seeda, sesame seeds. Mix it well.
Add water little by little and knead it into smooth dough. If the dough is too hard you cannot be able to press it in the murukku achu. If it is too loose there will be cracks and will consume more oil. So let it be soft. Keep this covered all the times. Take one portion of the dough and put it inside the murukku press. Heat oil in a pan for deep frying. Either press the murukku directly on the oil or press it on the back of a greased ladle and transfer it to the hot oil. Once the oil is hot, keep the flmae in medium high. I used the thenkuzhal achu.
Repeat the same process for the rest of the dough. Store the murukku in air tight container. Always handle with dry hands.
Infosys co-founder awarded honorary degree of Doctor of Science by University of London Reportedly Infosys co-founder Narayana Murthy on Friday was awarded the honorary degree of Doctor of Science (Honoris Causa) by Royal Holloway, University of London, for his outstanding contribution to the field of Computer Science and the role model he represents in India and on the global stage.
- Holiday declared for all schools & colleges in Karnataka today due to Heavy Rain
- 4 Dams shutters opened in Kerala due to heavy rain
- To boost MSME CM Jagan launched "YSR Navodayam"
- Telangana ACB looks into ESI Medicine supplies scam
- PM Modi had asked people to send their ideas for his Independence speech
- 3 Day heavy rain warning given to Telangana: IMD
- Who is role model in AP?
- Will Anna Canteen workers be paid their salary?
- Your Porn viewing habits tracked by Google & Facebook
- Heavy Rain lashing Kerala
- AP state Govt Employees to get 30% HRA
- WB decided not to fund Amaravati Sustainable Capital City Development Project
- Central Government Behind World Bank Refusing Loan for Amaravati?
- Edappadi announced 2 New Districts for Tamilnadu
- Complaints Against Bigg Boss 3 Reaches Delhi