Washington sources reported that shortly after US President Donald Trump announced in May he would reimpose sanctions on Iran, the State Department began telling countries around the world, that the clock was ticking for them to cut oil purchases from the Islamic Republic to zero.
Furthermore with just days to go before renewed sanctions take effect November 5, the reality is setting in Three of Iran's top five customers India, China, and Turkey are resisting Washington's call to end purchases outright, arguing there are not sufficient supplies worldwide to replace them, according to sources familiar with the matter. Further according to the sources that pressure, along with worries of a damaging oil price spike, is putting the Trump administration's hard line to the test and raising the possibility of bilateral deals to allow some buying to continue.
Moreover the tension has split the administration into two camps, one led by National Security Adviser John Bolton, who wants the toughest possible approach and another by State Department officials keen to balance sanctions against preventing an oil price spike that could damage the U.S. and its allies, according to a source briefed by administration officials on the matter.
Tehelka Mathews makes another accusation on Jayalalitha's mysterious death! Former Tehelka editor Samuel Mathews had recently released a documentary on Kodanadu murders and thefts, where he had accused the Tamilnadu Chief minister Edappadi Palanisamy of the murders in the estate for acquiring some evidence from the estate, following which a case was filed by the TN govt against him.
- Tamilisai opens up on DMK alliance!
- Priyanka Gandhi enters active politics!
- Alone time given Me the strength to handle life: PM Modi
- Indian Movie nominated for Oscars
- Will Prabhas get BJP MLA ticket for 2019 Elections?
- APSRTC Employees Union calls for indefinite statewide strike from February 6
- Hyderabad HC issued notices to makers of 'Lakshmi's NTR'
- Iconic Bikini Climber dies on Mountain
- Toyota makes Joint Venture with Panasonic
- India's Air Passenger Traffic hikes
- India facing a rising tide of people unwilling to be vaccinated
- Chinese vendors flooded both online & offline channels for Smartphone selling
- TDP is seemingly attempting to tap into Kapu vote bank
- Former VHP leader's sensational remark on Modi!
- TN Milk agents warn Simbu!