United Nations sources made a statement that UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres has expressed concern over the deepening political crisis in Sri Lanka and called for restraint from all parties in the island country. As per report Guterres is following the latest developments in Sri Lanka with great concern, said his spokesman Stephane Dujarric in a statement, referring to Sunday's shooting by a bodyguard of a former minister at a crowd.
Accordingly the shooting, which resulted in one death and two injuries, was a violent turn of the political crisis in the country following President Maithripala Sirisena’s dissolution of the cabinet on Saturday and the swearing in of a former strongman as Prime Minister.
It was stated that Guterres called on the Sri Lankan government to respect democratic values and constitutional provisions and process, uphold the rule of law and ensure the safety and security of all Sri Lankans, said the statement. Reports added the UN chief urged all parties to exercise restraint and address the unfolding situation in a peaceful manner.
YSRCP Leader YS Jagan resumed his Padayatra with Emotional Welcome According to sources exactly eighteen days after he was attacked on October 25, in the Visakhapatnam Airport lounge by a restaurant waiter, YS Jagan Mohan Reddy reached the same airport on Sunday evening to resume his mass contact initiative which was cut short after this heinous attack.
- AAP includes Jobs for Youth in its Manifesto
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated two major national highways
- Why TN CM defended protests against AR Murugadoss's Sarkar?
- Owner charged for forcing Indian Woman
- Cyclone Gaja expected to hit coastal Tamilnadu & AP
- Actor Mohan Babu in support of TRS Party
- Green Challenge thrown by Telangana Government
- Wildfire in California killed 23
- New Rule in solving problems faced in NRI Marriages
- Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao bridge anticipated to have 5G service
- AP CM Chandrababu Naidu expands his Cabinet with 2 Ministers
- Do you know which is Indias Most CONGESTED PLACE?
- Why Chiranjeevi neither meets Rahul Gandhi nor attends any Congress meetings?
- Minister's controversial talks!
- ADMK member ousted for sexual misconduct!