Brasilia sources stated that far right congressman Jair Bolsonaro has been declared the winner of Brazil's presidential election amid a prolonged recession, rising crime rates and widespread corruption scandals. Reports added he was declared the winner by the Supreme Electoral Tribunal after 94% of the votes that were cast earlier in the day, were counted, easily defeating his leftist rival, former Sao Paulo Mayor Fernando Haddad from the Workers' Party that previously governed the country for 13 years.
Accordingly the 63 year old Bolsonaro's tenure will begin from January 1, 2019. As per the Tribunal, Bolsonaro led with 55.54% of the votes to Haddad's 44.46%. Furthermore Bolsonaro had won the first round of the elections on October 7 amid a field of 13 candidates, but he fell short of the 50% needed to win outright and avoid a runoff against Haddad.
Moreover in a victory speech, Bolsonaro said he was a "defender of freedom" who would run a government that protected citizens who "follow their duties and respect the laws". He said "The laws are for everyone and this is how it will be during our constitutional and democratic government". Further for the past two years, Brazil has been led by a conservative, Michel Temer, following the impeachment of former President Rousseff. But Temer has proven deeply unpopular with Brazilians.
Few places of Chennai received heavy Rainfall Accordingly in what came as a pleasant relief for a parched city, Chennai witnessed heavy rainfall on Sunday evening. Meanwhile at a time when the city is faced with a crippling water crisis, the convective rains came accompanied by thunder and lightning in many parts of the city.
- SBI fined for violating asset classification norms: RBI
- Kia Seltos CEOs Letter raises Trolling & Criticism
- Opposition Parties meets Governor regarding construction of New Telangana Secretariat
- BJP MLA's daughter and her Husband on the run since they announced their marriage
- Is Saravana Bhavan Hotel owner suffering from heart ailment?
- Widespread criticism raised in Chandrayaan 2 issue
- Why this BJP MLA criticizes Muslims?
- Ravi Prakash's Future Plan Announcement in August
- YS Jagan constituted Cabinet Sub-Committee to review PPAs
- Hyderabad Woman jumped from 4th floor with 3 year kid
- This 12 year Girl runs a Free Library in Kochi
- Chennai Corporation specified penalty amounts for those who do not comply with plastic ban
- Uber Eats to boost business in Small Town
- Ram Madhav confirmed on humiliation at TANA?
- Siddaramaiah announces Trust Vote on Thursday at Karnataka Assembly