Brasilia sources stated that far right congressman Jair Bolsonaro has been declared the winner of Brazil's presidential election amid a prolonged recession, rising crime rates and widespread corruption scandals. Reports added he was declared the winner by the Supreme Electoral Tribunal after 94% of the votes that were cast earlier in the day, were counted, easily defeating his leftist rival, former Sao Paulo Mayor Fernando Haddad from the Workers' Party that previously governed the country for 13 years.
Accordingly the 63 year old Bolsonaro's tenure will begin from January 1, 2019. As per the Tribunal, Bolsonaro led with 55.54% of the votes to Haddad's 44.46%. Furthermore Bolsonaro had won the first round of the elections on October 7 amid a field of 13 candidates, but he fell short of the 50% needed to win outright and avoid a runoff against Haddad.
Moreover in a victory speech, Bolsonaro said he was a "defender of freedom" who would run a government that protected citizens who "follow their duties and respect the laws". He said "The laws are for everyone and this is how it will be during our constitutional and democratic government". Further for the past two years, Brazil has been led by a conservative, Michel Temer, following the impeachment of former President Rousseff. But Temer has proven deeply unpopular with Brazilians.
Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police? Reports added Mohan Reddy's sister YS Sharmila on Monday lodged a complaint with Hyderabad Police Commissioner seeking action against those trying to defame her by spreading rumors on social media. Furthermore she said "Some unknown people defamed me before 2014 elections by spreading fake rumors that she is having a relationship. Again, some people are trying to defame me on social media”.
- Mahesh Kathi comes with another controversy with Pawan Kalyan
- Trump ordered American feast of burgers for visiting football team
- Telugu comedian Brahmanandam undergone bypass surgery
- AK Sikri declines joining commonwealth tribunal!
- Kodanadu estate case investigation in peaks!
- UP minister's tells people to burn politicians!
- Supreme Court notice to central govt!
- A Judge partially blocked a set of Trump administration rules
- Follow Indian Traditions Leave Western Lifestyles: Venkaiah Naidu
- Unresolved differences between Kanchi Seer and Mahatma Gandhi continues
- Cockpit Voice recorder of Lion Air Jet found
- Modi said BJP worker is driven by National Interest & not by any self-interest
- KCR plans that will last generations
- RBI tokenizes transactions made through Debit, Credit & Prepaid Cards in India
- TNSTC announced it will operate an additional 14,263 services for Pongal