Colombo sources stated that former strongman Mahinda Rajapaksa Monday assumed charge as Sri Lanka's new Prime Minister after the surprise sacking of his predecessor Ranil Wickremesinghe by President Maithripala Sirisena which plunged the island nation into an unprecedented political crisis. Meanwhile officials from his Sri Lanka People's Party (SLPP) said Rajapaksa assumed the duties in the prime minister's secretariat which was not used by the ousted Prime Minister Wickremesinghe.
As per report Sirisena on Friday night sacked Wickremesinghe and appointed Rajapaksa as the new prime minister in a surprise move that is being debated as a constitutional coup. Furthermore Sirisena also suspended parliament till November 16 after Wickremesinghe sought an emergency session to prove his majority. Earlier on Sunday, Sri Lankan Parliament's Speaker Karu Jayasuriya recognized Wickremesinghe as the prime minister.
Moreover Wickremesinghe continues to remain in his Temple Trees office cum residence of the prime minister. Accordingly Rajapaksa in his statement last night called for a snap parliamentary election to end the impasse. Hence the UNP said they rejected all personal allegations made by President Sirisena against Wickremesinghe.
Trump cancelled his own participation in Davos, citing row over his proposed wall Washington sources reported that President Donald Trump on Thursday cancelled the US delegation's trip to the annual international conference at Davos, saying the officials were needed in Washington to tackle the shutdown of the federal government. A statement from Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said "Out of consideration for the 800,000 great American workers not receiving pay and to ensure
- Telangana & AP extended time limit for interstate transfers
- Trump coming out with reforms giving H-1B visa holders certainty to stay in US
- SC appoints Ombudsman for Hardik & Rahul comments
- Rakesh Asthana ousted from CBI!
- TASMAC surpasses Petta!
- Congress MP's trolls Amit and gets criticism!
- World's top four Richest Celebrity list with their individual net worth
- RBI Governor to cut Interest Rates
- PhonePe seen a remarkable growth in 2018 in offline business
- Vijayashanthi questions Why TRS shows fake statements
- SC orders protection for counterfeit travelers in Sabarimala issue
- Boxing Legend Muhammad Ali name for US Airport
- Reliance Jio Net Profit jumped to 65%
- Arun Jaitley to increase Income Tax Slabs Tax Rate
- Ola Money Postpaid offers a 15 day credit line to passengers