Colombo sources stated that former strongman Mahinda Rajapaksa Monday assumed charge as Sri Lanka's new Prime Minister after the surprise sacking of his predecessor Ranil Wickremesinghe by President Maithripala Sirisena which plunged the island nation into an unprecedented political crisis. Meanwhile officials from his Sri Lanka People's Party (SLPP) said Rajapaksa assumed the duties in the prime minister's secretariat which was not used by the ousted Prime Minister Wickremesinghe.
As per report Sirisena on Friday night sacked Wickremesinghe and appointed Rajapaksa as the new prime minister in a surprise move that is being debated as a constitutional coup. Furthermore Sirisena also suspended parliament till November 16 after Wickremesinghe sought an emergency session to prove his majority. Earlier on Sunday, Sri Lankan Parliament's Speaker Karu Jayasuriya recognized Wickremesinghe as the prime minister.
Moreover Wickremesinghe continues to remain in his Temple Trees office cum residence of the prime minister. Accordingly Rajapaksa in his statement last night called for a snap parliamentary election to end the impasse. Hence the UNP said they rejected all personal allegations made by President Sirisena against Wickremesinghe.
Deepika-Ranveer MARRIED in Italy Bollywood sources made a statement that Bollywood's gorgeous couple Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh is hitched. As per reports they got married as per Konkanin customs. The first to reveal the news was none other than filmmaker Karan Johan who wrote on his twitter."Such a stunning, gorgeous and beautiful couple!!!!
- ISRO successfully launched GSLV-Mk III on Wednesday
- Chandrababu Naidu confident in winning in Telangana
- Muslims in Telangana state upset seeing attitude of political parties
- A new memoir titled "Becoming" by Michelle Obama out
- Bengaluru likely to receive rainfall on November 16-17 & 22-23
- Swiggy plans to deploy Women as delivery personnel across India
- Has AP government misused Tirumala Tirupathi temple funds?
- Sexual abuser arrested finally!
- Infosys founder supports Modi!
- Downfall of Rajapakse govt!
- Gaja reaches Chennai!
- SC to hear 49 Review Petitions in Sabarimala Temple case
- PM Narendra Modi is in Singapore for East Asia Summit
- Melania Trump explicitly Donald Trump to oust Mira Ricardel
- Will traffic be ensured safely during rallies & processions?