As the central government had imposed restrictions on the time period for bursting crackers on Diwali, the TN government had appealed seeking an extension of the time for bursting crackers, and this plea has been rejected by the Supreme Court. The new rules imposed by the central government on restricting the time for bursting crackers has given a huge shock to people.
The whole of India is set to celebrate the festival of lights on November 6 and 7. In such a scenario, there was a case filed in Supreme Court against the bursting of crackers on Diwali, citing that it impacts the atmosphere polluting the air. Many had appealed for banning crackers.
The Supreme Court had ordered bursting of crackers between 8 pm to 10 pm for just 2 hours. Tamilnadu government had appealed against this, and Vinod Kanna had argued the case for TN, and the bench headed by AK Chikri and Ashok Bhushan had dismissed TN plea saying that there won’t be any extension, but they can choose the 2 hours as per their wish.
CM Jagan Takes A Historic Decision for Social Justice Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy who allotted the maximum number of Cabinet Berths to SCs, STs and OBCs has taken another landmark decision. Jagan had decided to give 50 percent of the nominated posts and 50 percent of the contracts on nomination basis to the scheduled castes, scheduled tribes, backward classes, and minorities.
- Infosys co-founder awarded honorary degree of Doctor of Science by University of London
- Holiday declared for all schools & colleges in Karnataka today due to Heavy Rain
- 4 Dams shutters opened in Kerala due to heavy rain
- To boost MSME CM Jagan launched "YSR Navodayam"
- Telangana ACB looks into ESI Medicine supplies scam
- PM Modi had asked people to send their ideas for his Independence speech
- 3 Day heavy rain warning given to Telangana: IMD
- Who is role model in AP?
- Will Anna Canteen workers be paid their salary?
- Your Porn viewing habits tracked by Google & Facebook
- Heavy Rain lashing Kerala
- AP state Govt Employees to get 30% HRA
- WB decided not to fund Amaravati Sustainable Capital City Development Project
- Central Government Behind World Bank Refusing Loan for Amaravati?
- Edappadi announced 2 New Districts for Tamilnadu