As the central government had imposed restrictions on the time period for bursting crackers on Diwali, the TN government had appealed seeking an extension of the time for bursting crackers, and this plea has been rejected by the Supreme Court. The new rules imposed by the central government on restricting the time for bursting crackers has given a huge shock to people.
The whole of India is set to celebrate the festival of lights on November 6 and 7. In such a scenario, there was a case filed in Supreme Court against the bursting of crackers on Diwali, citing that it impacts the atmosphere polluting the air. Many had appealed for banning crackers.
The Supreme Court had ordered bursting of crackers between 8 pm to 10 pm for just 2 hours. Tamilnadu government had appealed against this, and Vinod Kanna had argued the case for TN, and the bench headed by AK Chikri and Ashok Bhushan had dismissed TN plea saying that there won’t be any extension, but they can choose the 2 hours as per their wish.
Trump cancelled his own participation in Davos, citing row over his proposed wall Washington sources reported that President Donald Trump on Thursday cancelled the US delegation's trip to the annual international conference at Davos, saying the officials were needed in Washington to tackle the shutdown of the federal government. A statement from Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said "Out of consideration for the 800,000 great American workers not receiving pay and to ensure
- Telangana & AP extended time limit for interstate transfers
- Trump coming out with reforms giving H-1B visa holders certainty to stay in US
- SC appoints Ombudsman for Hardik & Rahul comments
- Rakesh Asthana ousted from CBI!
- TASMAC surpasses Petta!
- Congress MP's trolls Amit and gets criticism!
- World's top four Richest Celebrity list with their individual net worth
- RBI Governor to cut Interest Rates
- PhonePe seen a remarkable growth in 2018 in offline business
- Vijayashanthi questions Why TRS shows fake statements
- SC orders protection for counterfeit travelers in Sabarimala issue
- Boxing Legend Muhammad Ali name for US Airport
- Reliance Jio Net Profit jumped to 65%
- Arun Jaitley to increase Income Tax Slabs Tax Rate
- Ola Money Postpaid offers a 15 day credit line to passengers