Chennai Meteorological department director Balachandran has given a good news saying that Chennai and Pondicherry are all set to receive northeastern monsoon within two days.In a press meet held today, Meteorological department director Balachandran had announced an important information regarding the arrival of north eastern monsoons.
He had said that there's a rotation in the atmosphere, between South western and Central northern Bay of Bengal, and due to this, there are high probabilities of Tamilnadu and Pondicherry receiving heavy rainfall from North eastern monsoons within next 2 days.
In the next 24 hours, the coastal areas of Tamilnadu might be receiving mild rainfall, and there will be intermittent showers in Chennai and suburban areas. In the past 24 hours, there were rains in Ennore, Kelambakkam, Mahabalipuram and Taramani, and slowly this rains will increase, and also extend to the whole of TN state, said the meteorological department director.
Cyclone Gaja expected with more anticipation in Chennai Chennai sources stated that the cyclonic storm 'Gaja' is set to make landfall between Cuddalore and Pamban today evening bringing heavy rainfall to Tamilnadu. Accordingly over 30,000 rescue personnel have been kept on standby by the state government. District collectors of Thanjavur, Tiruvarur, Pudukottai, Nagapattinam, Cuddalore and Ramanathapuram have declared a holiday for schools and colleges today.
- Deepika-Ranveer MARRIED in Italy
- ISRO successfully launched GSLV-Mk III on Wednesday
- Chandrababu Naidu confident in winning in Telangana
- Muslims in Telangana state upset seeing attitude of political parties
- A new memoir titled "Becoming" by Michelle Obama out
- Bengaluru likely to receive rainfall on November 16-17 & 22-23
- Swiggy plans to deploy Women as delivery personnel across India
- Has AP government misused Tirumala Tirupathi temple funds?