Hyderabad sources added that ‘Why should I vote for you?’ is a question around 2,000 residents of Padmashali colony in Hyderabad will be asking political party candidates seeking their votes for the upcoming Telangana elections. Meanwhile the residents have prepared a set of ten questions for the candidates that come knocking at their doors and will only vote for those candidates whose answers they find “acceptable”.
Accordingly a 59 year old says he has been voting for candidates all his life but felt the public has no means to review the performance of elected representatives, “Many in the public do not even know what their roles and responsibilities are,” he added. Furthermore the problem arises as the roles and responsibilities of Member of Legislative Assembly and Councils are not laid out clearly in the Indian constitution. Moreover those tasks are to be executed by municipal bodies (like GHMC, HMDA) and Panchayat councils formed under the 73rd and 74th amendments to the Indian constitution.
Moreover the Padmashali colony comes under the Musheerabad assembly constituency, an assembly seat presently held by K Laxman, the Telangana state president for Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). As per report he will be contesting from the constituency again and has promised the residents to answer their form with questions.
Trump cancelled his own participation in Davos, citing row over his proposed wall Washington sources reported that President Donald Trump on Thursday cancelled the US delegation's trip to the annual international conference at Davos, saying the officials were needed in Washington to tackle the shutdown of the federal government. A statement from Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said "Out of consideration for the 800,000 great American workers not receiving pay and to ensure
- Telangana & AP extended time limit for interstate transfers
- Trump coming out with reforms giving H-1B visa holders certainty to stay in US
- SC appoints Ombudsman for Hardik & Rahul comments
- Rakesh Asthana ousted from CBI!
- TASMAC surpasses Petta!
- Congress MP's trolls Amit and gets criticism!
- World's top four Richest Celebrity list with their individual net worth
- RBI Governor to cut Interest Rates
- PhonePe seen a remarkable growth in 2018 in offline business
- Vijayashanthi questions Why TRS shows fake statements
- SC orders protection for counterfeit travelers in Sabarimala issue
- Boxing Legend Muhammad Ali name for US Airport
- Reliance Jio Net Profit jumped to 65%
- Arun Jaitley to increase Income Tax Slabs Tax Rate
- Ola Money Postpaid offers a 15 day credit line to passengers