Hyderabad sources added that ‘Why should I vote for you?’ is a question around 2,000 residents of Padmashali colony in Hyderabad will be asking political party candidates seeking their votes for the upcoming Telangana elections. Meanwhile the residents have prepared a set of ten questions for the candidates that come knocking at their doors and will only vote for those candidates whose answers they find “acceptable”.
Accordingly a 59 year old says he has been voting for candidates all his life but felt the public has no means to review the performance of elected representatives, “Many in the public do not even know what their roles and responsibilities are,” he added. Furthermore the problem arises as the roles and responsibilities of Member of Legislative Assembly and Councils are not laid out clearly in the Indian constitution. Moreover those tasks are to be executed by municipal bodies (like GHMC, HMDA) and Panchayat councils formed under the 73rd and 74th amendments to the Indian constitution.
Moreover the Padmashali colony comes under the Musheerabad assembly constituency, an assembly seat presently held by K Laxman, the Telangana state president for Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). As per report he will be contesting from the constituency again and has promised the residents to answer their form with questions.
CM Jagan Takes A Historic Decision for Social Justice Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy who allotted the maximum number of Cabinet Berths to SCs, STs and OBCs has taken another landmark decision. Jagan had decided to give 50 percent of the nominated posts and 50 percent of the contracts on nomination basis to the scheduled castes, scheduled tribes, backward classes, and minorities.
- Infosys co-founder awarded honorary degree of Doctor of Science by University of London
- Holiday declared for all schools & colleges in Karnataka today due to Heavy Rain
- 4 Dams shutters opened in Kerala due to heavy rain
- To boost MSME CM Jagan launched "YSR Navodayam"
- Telangana ACB looks into ESI Medicine supplies scam
- PM Modi had asked people to send their ideas for his Independence speech
- 3 Day heavy rain warning given to Telangana: IMD
- Who is role model in AP?
- Will Anna Canteen workers be paid their salary?
- Your Porn viewing habits tracked by Google & Facebook
- Heavy Rain lashing Kerala
- AP state Govt Employees to get 30% HRA
- WB decided not to fund Amaravati Sustainable Capital City Development Project
- Central Government Behind World Bank Refusing Loan for Amaravati?
- Edappadi announced 2 New Districts for Tamilnadu