Silver Foiled Sweets
Indian sweets are traditionally covered by ‘’edible’ silver foil’ or ‘Barkh’ to give a more appetizing and beautiful look to the sweets. However the edible covering or silver foil used for coating the sweets, are made from metals that can be harmful for health.
High Amount of Sugar
Indian Sweets is prepared traditionally using high amounts of sugar and so they have a large amount of empty calories in them. Gulab Jamun: Two balls have about 387 calories. Jalebi: One piece is about 150 calories. Laddu: One piece has about 185 calories. Ras Malai: One piece has about 180 calories. Peda: One piece has about 82 calories. Halwa: One piece has about 100 calories. Kheer: One serving has 270 calories. Kaju Katli: One piece has about 58 calories. Karanji: One serving has about 224 calories. Cham Cham: One piece has about 175 calories.
Transfats in Indian Sweets
Often Indian sweets are prepared using vanaspati ghee or partially hydrogenated vegetable oils. These are transfats and toxic. They cause a wide range of lifestyle diseases including hypertension, type 2 diabetes, cancer and more.
World Bank withdrew from Amaravati due to Corruption, say AP officials The World Bank has decided not to fund Amaravati Sustainable Capital City Development Project, the ambitious project of former Andhra Pradesh chief minister Chandrababu Naidu. The World Bank's Website marked the project as 'Dropped'. The total project cost was USD 715 million with the World Bank planning to provide a loan of USD 300 million.
- Ganta Blackmailing Chandrababu Naidu?
- CM Jagan Announces A New Record of Both the Telugu States
- Telangana DGP warns about Cyber Criminals Online
- House in Telangana's urban areas will no longer require permissions from local bodies
- Unnecessary issue for Telangana Home Minister by his Grandson in TikTok
- Huge drop sees in Hotel Occupancy rate in Vijayawada!
- Are you Aged yourself in FaceApp which is going viral
- Kishan Reddy To Be Telangana BJP CM Candidate?
- 2766 Crore Power Scam in TDP Regime
- CM Jagan Takes A Historic Decision for Social Justice
- Infosys co-founder awarded honorary degree of Doctor of Science by University of London
- Holiday declared for all schools & colleges in Karnataka today due to Heavy Rain
- 4 Dams shutters opened in Kerala due to heavy rain
- To boost MSME CM Jagan launched "YSR Navodayam"
- Telangana ACB looks into ESI Medicine supplies scam