New Delhi sources stated that the Supreme Court on Tuesday allowed southern states including Tamilnadu, Kerala, Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh & Telangana to choose the time for bursting firecrackers during Diwali subject to the limit of two hours. Accordingly a bench of Justice A.K. Sikri and Justice Ashok Bhushan made it clear that the total duration of time to burst crackers should not exceed two hours as ruled on October 23.
As per report the court had refused to prohibit bursting of crackers on Diwali and permitted their use with reduced emission and decibel levels for two hours from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. Furthermore the court refused to accept the submission by Tamilnadu and the Fire Crackers Manufacturers Association that people in Tamilnadu is allowed to burst crackers from 4.30 a.m. to 6.30 a.m. besides during the evening hours from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Earlier it was submitted that Diwali is celebrated in north India by lighting of lamps and the festival is celebrated a day earlier in the southern parts of the country and that too in the morning. Moreover the court also clarified that direction on bursting of green crackers was limited to Delhi and its adjoining areas and was not applicable to the rest of country.
UP minister's tells people to burn politicians! Uttar Pradesh minister Omprakash Rajbhar's shocking statement asking people to burn politicians who separate Hindus and Muslims has turned out to be a burning topic and a big controversy. One of the prominent members of BJP alliance in Uttar Pradesh is Suheldev Bhartiya Samaj party and Rajbhar is the leader of the party, who always speaks in controversial manner.
- Supreme Court notice to central govt!
- A Judge partially blocked a set of Trump administration rules
- Follow Indian Traditions Leave Western Lifestyles: Venkaiah Naidu
- Unresolved differences between Kanchi Seer and Mahatma Gandhi continues
- Cockpit Voice recorder of Lion Air Jet found
- Modi said BJP worker is driven by National Interest & not by any self-interest
- KCR plans that will last generations
- RBI tokenizes transactions made through Debit, Credit & Prepaid Cards in India
- TNSTC announced it will operate an additional 14,263 services for Pongal
- Modi calls DMK as the biggest enemy!
- Terrorists killed in early morning encounter!
- Dinakaran Vs Anbazhagan catches fire!
- Tehelka editor reveals shocker!
- Ivanka Trump, Nikki Haley for US candidates to World Bank President's Post
- Why TDP & Congress not going together in the elections?