New Delhi sources stated that the Supreme Court on Tuesday allowed southern states including Tamilnadu, Kerala, Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh & Telangana to choose the time for bursting firecrackers during Diwali subject to the limit of two hours. Accordingly a bench of Justice A.K. Sikri and Justice Ashok Bhushan made it clear that the total duration of time to burst crackers should not exceed two hours as ruled on October 23.
As per report the court had refused to prohibit bursting of crackers on Diwali and permitted their use with reduced emission and decibel levels for two hours from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. Furthermore the court refused to accept the submission by Tamilnadu and the Fire Crackers Manufacturers Association that people in Tamilnadu is allowed to burst crackers from 4.30 a.m. to 6.30 a.m. besides during the evening hours from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Earlier it was submitted that Diwali is celebrated in north India by lighting of lamps and the festival is celebrated a day earlier in the southern parts of the country and that too in the morning. Moreover the court also clarified that direction on bursting of green crackers was limited to Delhi and its adjoining areas and was not applicable to the rest of country.
PM Modi felicitated winning teams of Singapore-India Hackathon Singapore sources reported that Prime Minister Narendra Modi today felicitated the six winning teams, including three from India, of the first India-Singapore Hackathon, a platform for the youth of the two countries to harness and showcase their innovations. Accordingly the top six teams, three each from India and Singapore, participated in a 36 hour Hackathon Grande Finale in Singapore.
- Social Activist Trupti Desai urged PM ensuring security for her visit to Sabarimala Temple
- Karunanidhi's Life Size Statue to be unveiled on December 16
- . Indian-American to replace Justice Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit Court of Appeals
- Gaja impacts throughout the state!
- Smriti Trolls DeepVeer!
- 13 year old dies in boxing contest!
- TN govt ready to face Gaja!
- Automated baggage check-in facility introduced for passengers in Bengaluru Airport
- Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches
- KCR has No Loans, No Cars in his name
- Pawan Kalyans shocking comments on BJP
- Multi pronged strategy adopted by Telangana Cops to prevent Maoists threat
- Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi & Anil Ambani in Rafael Deal
- Cyclone Gaja expected with more anticipation in Chennai
- Deepika-Ranveer MARRIED in Italy