Sources from New Delhi stated that the Supreme Court on Monday directed the listing of the Ayodhya title suit matter in January 2019 before an appropriate bench and further it declined to specify any dates. Meanwhile a bench headed by Chief Justice Ranjan Gogoi directed the hearing for next year on a batch of petitions challenging the 2010 Allahabad High Court verdict trifurcating the disputed site in Ayodhya into three parts for Ram Lalla, Nirmohi Akhara and the original Muslim litigant.
Furthermore Gogoi, Justice Sanjay Kishan Kaul and Justice K.M. Joseph were also on the bench. Previously on September 27, the top court bench led by then Chief Justice Dipak Misra, along with Justice Ashok Bhushan and Justice S. Abdul Nazeer, by a 2:1 majority rejected the plea challenging the high court judgment and had directed that the matter would be heard by a three judge bench from October 29. Accordingly the newly constituted bench on Monday was expected to hear a batch of petitions filed by both the sides Hindu and Muslim stakeholders challenging the high court judgment.
Moreover the Muslim petitioners had pressed for hearing the challenge to the high court judgment by a five judge bench as the court had relied on a 1994 top court judgment that said a mosque was not essential to Islam for offering 'namaz'.
Lalu Prasad Yadav to get a verdict on January 28! The Patiala high court, Delhi has announced that the verdict on Lalu Prasad Yadav's bail plea in the IRCTC scam case will be pronounced on January 28. The former chief minister of Bihar and Rashtriya Janata Dal leader Lalu Prasad Yadav had been the union railway minister earlier. He was then accused of being involved in a scam.
- H.Raja gets triggered with Stalin speech!
- Dhanush's costar reveals sexual harassment trouble!
- Did Congress MLA gift Mercedes Benz to Siddaramaiah?
- I salute Manohar Parrikar's efforts at work," PM Modi
- Muhurtam for Telangana CM KCR's Chandiyaagam is fixed
- Traffic diversions in Chennai for Republic Day Parade
- UNESCO names Rio De Janeiro as 2020 World's Capital Structure
- Sri Lanka wants to take back all Sri Lankan Tamil refugees in India
- Rythu Bandhu Scheme becomes part of National Agenda of action: Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan
- Maverick director RGV to come up with a creative poster goes Viral
- CM Chandrababu Naidu unveiled NTR statue
- Hyderabad Police booked 12 Websites for publishing defamatory article
- GHMC shelving its plan to revise property tax rates
- Again old rupee notes in Chennai!
- World's first genetically modified child!