Hyderabad sources added that following the murderous attack on the Leader of Opposition in Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly and YSR Congress party chief YS Jagan Mohan Reddy, at the Visakhapatnam airport on October 25, the Telangana Pradesh Congress Committee (TPCC) has pleaded with the Director General of Police (DGP)of Telangana M Mahendar Reddy to increase security to their leaders. Meanwhile they sought enhancement in security for TPCC president N. Uttam Kumar Reddy to Z category security with a bulletproof car and an escort.
Furthermore apart from Uttam Kumar Reddy who is the face of the Congress in the state in upcoming elections and a senior leader from the party, Congress has also demanded increase in security for their Campaigning Committee Chairman Mallu Bhatti Vikramarka and Ex MLA Komatireddy Venkat Reddy. Accordingly Gudur Narayana Reddy TPCC treasurer met the DGP and submitted a memorandum requesting the need for security to the other important Congress leaders, himself and a few others.
Moreover the memorandum submitted read “the threat perception for Congress leaders in Telangana had increased, especially in view of the upcoming assembly elections”. It said neither the state police nor the Security Review Committee (SRC) has conducted any periodical assessments of threat to lives of opposition leaders.
Infosys co-founder awarded honorary degree of Doctor of Science by University of London Reportedly Infosys co-founder Narayana Murthy on Friday was awarded the honorary degree of Doctor of Science (Honoris Causa) by Royal Holloway, University of London, for his outstanding contribution to the field of Computer Science and the role model he represents in India and on the global stage.
- Holiday declared for all schools & colleges in Karnataka today due to Heavy Rain
- 4 Dams shutters opened in Kerala due to heavy rain
- To boost MSME CM Jagan launched "YSR Navodayam"
- Telangana ACB looks into ESI Medicine supplies scam
- PM Modi had asked people to send their ideas for his Independence speech
- 3 Day heavy rain warning given to Telangana: IMD
- Who is role model in AP?
- Will Anna Canteen workers be paid their salary?
- Your Porn viewing habits tracked by Google & Facebook
- Heavy Rain lashing Kerala
- AP state Govt Employees to get 30% HRA
- WB decided not to fund Amaravati Sustainable Capital City Development Project
- Central Government Behind World Bank Refusing Loan for Amaravati?
- Edappadi announced 2 New Districts for Tamilnadu
- Complaints Against Bigg Boss 3 Reaches Delhi