Accordingly Vijay’s Sarkar is gearing up for a massive worldwide release on November 6, which is Deepawali day in Tamilnadu. Previously last year, too, the Deepawali release went to Vijay, with Atlee’s Mersal releasing on the day. As per report the Deepawali release date is widely considered to be the biggest in the trade and there’s always competition in the industry to lock a film for the day.
Meanwhile fans, too, debate on social media about which star will get the coveted date for their film. Film critic and industry tracker Sreedhar Pillai says that with the changing weather in Chennai, the Pongal release date may work out to be more favorable for a film business-wise. Furthermore a big star’s Deepawali release is such a juggernaut that other films have no choice to but to give way. Previously, there was speculation that Vijay’s Sarkar, Ajith’s Viswasam and Suriya’s NGK would clash at the box office for Deepawali.
Moreover industry insiders knew that would never happen because there simply aren't enough screens to accommodate three big films on the same date and although the Tamilnadu Film Producers’ Council (TFPC) is supposed to clear the release dates, Sreedhar Pillai opines that it's mostly a big actor's call to take a festival date. Further on the other hand, Pongal, which falls in the January-February season, is much more pleasant and encourages people to visit theatres, he adds. However, the tag of a ‘Deepawali release’ is still highly coveted.
Sirisena dissolved parliament, announced snap polls on January 5, 2019 Colombo sources stated that Sri Lankan strongman Mahindra Rajapaksa, who was appointed prime minister in a controversial move by President Maithripala Sirisena, on Sunday ended his five decade long association with the SLFP and joined the newly formed Sri Lanka People's Party (SLPP).
- Can KCR win Elections by doing Yagams & Homams alone?
- Will Sharmila Jagan contest from Hyderabad?
- Sonia Gandhi to address a Public Meeting in Telangana on November 23
- Today is the Last day for filing nominations for Telangana Assembly Elections
- Superstar warns against ticket rates!
- Sasikala to come out on parole?
- Chief Minister Visit canceled!
- Schools, Colleges announced Holiday
- Will H1-B Visa Holders to split Families?
- DeepVeer to hosts 2 Wedding Receptions
- Death toll in Tamilnadu due to Cyclone Gaja rose to 33
- NASA's Kepler space telescope to disconnect communication with Earth
- Mike Hussey feels Hardik Pandya's absence is greatest disappointment
- Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students