Accordingly Vijay’s Sarkar is gearing up for a massive worldwide release on November 6, which is Deepawali day in Tamilnadu. Previously last year, too, the Deepawali release went to Vijay, with Atlee’s Mersal releasing on the day. As per report the Deepawali release date is widely considered to be the biggest in the trade and there’s always competition in the industry to lock a film for the day.
Meanwhile fans, too, debate on social media about which star will get the coveted date for their film. Film critic and industry tracker Sreedhar Pillai says that with the changing weather in Chennai, the Pongal release date may work out to be more favorable for a film business-wise. Furthermore a big star’s Deepawali release is such a juggernaut that other films have no choice to but to give way. Previously, there was speculation that Vijay’s Sarkar, Ajith’s Viswasam and Suriya’s NGK would clash at the box office for Deepawali.
Moreover industry insiders knew that would never happen because there simply aren't enough screens to accommodate three big films on the same date and although the Tamilnadu Film Producers’ Council (TFPC) is supposed to clear the release dates, Sreedhar Pillai opines that it's mostly a big actor's call to take a festival date. Further on the other hand, Pongal, which falls in the January-February season, is much more pleasant and encourages people to visit theatres, he adds. However, the tag of a ‘Deepawali release’ is still highly coveted.
World Bank withdrew from Amaravati due to Corruption, say AP officials The World Bank has decided not to fund Amaravati Sustainable Capital City Development Project, the ambitious project of former Andhra Pradesh chief minister Chandrababu Naidu. The World Bank's Website marked the project as 'Dropped'. The total project cost was USD 715 million with the World Bank planning to provide a loan of USD 300 million.
- Ganta Blackmailing Chandrababu Naidu?
- CM Jagan Announces A New Record of Both the Telugu States
- Telangana DGP warns about Cyber Criminals Online
- House in Telangana's urban areas will no longer require permissions from local bodies
- Unnecessary issue for Telangana Home Minister by his Grandson in TikTok
- Huge drop sees in Hotel Occupancy rate in Vijayawada!
- Are you Aged yourself in FaceApp which is going viral
- Kishan Reddy To Be Telangana BJP CM Candidate?
- 2766 Crore Power Scam in TDP Regime
- CM Jagan Takes A Historic Decision for Social Justice
- Infosys co-founder awarded honorary degree of Doctor of Science by University of London
- Holiday declared for all schools & colleges in Karnataka today due to Heavy Rain
- 4 Dams shutters opened in Kerala due to heavy rain
- To boost MSME CM Jagan launched "YSR Navodayam"
- Telangana ACB looks into ESI Medicine supplies scam