As per report after Google announced last week it fired 48 people for sexual harassment since 2016, nearly 1,500 workers were planning a walk out at the company's offices globally on Thursday. Meanwhile as per report more than 1,500 most of them women plan to walk out of almost two dozen company offices around the world to protest Google's handling of sexual harassment and its workplace culture.
Furthermore in a letter to employees last week, Chief Executive Sundar Pichai said the tech giant was taking a "hard line" on inappropriate conduct. Hence over the past week, Pichai and Larry Page, co-founder of Google and CEO of its parent company Alphabet, "have taken several steps to calm its agitated 94,000 person workforce". Accordingly two unnamed Google executives said then Chief Executive Page asked Rubin to resign after the company confirmed a complaint by a female employee about a sexual encounter in a hotel room in 2013.
Moreover following the report, Pichai sent an email to all employees of the company, stating that 48 people have been fired over the last two years for sexual misconduct. He said in the email “We are dead serious about making sure we provide a safe and inclusive workplace. We want to assure you that we review every single complaint about sexual harassment or inappropriate conduct, we investigate and we take action”.
World's biggest OIL supplier Saudi Arabia announced plans to cut production New Delhi sources stated that oil prices climbed on Monday as the world's biggest supplier Saudi Arabia announced plans to cut production, in the face of fears of oversupply. Meanwhile Saudi Arabia's energy minister said that oil producing nations should cut output by one million barrels per day to re-balance the market. Accordingly Khalid al-Falih's comments follow a meeting in Abu Dhabi at the weekend
- Tougher laws & stricter implementation for rapism & Murder against girls: Rajinikanth
- Cochin International Airport bags an award
- 1000 War rockets to be preserved at Museum
- TN Matriculation Head orders Schools not to collect Money by threatening parents
- Alibaba makes record selling in first five minutes & $10 billion figure achieved
- Distributing 1 Lakh Cows per year is in BJPs Manifesto
- 69% Pakistanis aged 15-65 years don't know what the Internet is!!!
- Why Pasupuleti Balaraju quit TDP joined Janasena Party?