In Kerala, the festival of light used to be celebrated a night after Diwali to mark the return of a benevolent demon king Mahabali to the earth. It is now celebrated as a 10 day Onam festival.
According to Bhavishyottara Purana and Brahma Vaivarta Purana, king Mahabali was banished to depths by the Vamana incarnation of Lord Vishnu. Medieval author Al-Biruni has given a detailed account of rituals, practices and tradition of Indian people.
In his Tarikh Al-Hind, he said that Lakshmi, the wife of Vasudeva, set Bali (Mahabali) free for a day in a year and allowed him to return to the earth. Al-Biruni described this festival as Balirajya.
Hyderabad Woman jumped from 4th floor with 3 year kid According to sources a 33 year old woman in Hyderabad killed herself after she held on to her three year old daughter and jumped off the fourth floor balcony of her apartment in the city's Balajinagar area in Kukatpally on Saturday night. Meanwhile the incident took place at around 11 pm and the woman has been identified as 33 year old Padmaja. Police said that Padmaja and her husband
- This 12 year Girl runs a Free Library in Kochi
- Chennai Corporation specified penalty amounts for those who do not comply with plastic ban
- Uber Eats to boost business in Small Town
- Ram Madhav confirmed on humiliation at TANA?
- Siddaramaiah announces Trust Vote on Thursday at Karnataka Assembly
- Chandrababu has nothing to do with Kia Motors, wide publicity which is untrue!
- Why Chandrayaan 2 launch called off?
- Telugu Bigg Boss Season 3 gearing up, List of Contestants here
- AP BJP Pins All Hopes on Sujana Chowdary
- Bunking Conspiracies, Investors Bee-lining to AP After Jagan Becoming CM
- Ravi Prakash New News Channel Named R-Plus?
- YSR Congress Deprived Chandrababu of His Only Achievement?
- Venkaiah Naidu appreciated Tamilnadu being Medical destination of India
- Why is plastic perceived to be such a significant threat?
- Landing in Moon is tricky & challenging