Diwali holds immense significance for Jains and Sikhs as well. As per Jain tradition, Lord Mahavira attained Nirvana on Diwali. Devotees celebrate this occasion by lighting lamps. In 600 AD, Guru Hargobind, the sixth guru of Sikhs was set free from imprisonment after fifteen years on Diwali. Sikh devotees celebrated the occasion by lighting earthen lamps in their homes.
For many communities, Diwali marks the beginning of a new year in the Vikram Samvat calendar, which is used for calculating the date and time of various social rituals and festivals.
It is believed that king Vikramaditya ascended the throne on Diwali. He launched a new calendar to celebrate his coronation, which became popular in various parts of the country. It is still in use for religious purposes.
Last date for filing I-T return for 2018-19 is July 31, Have you filed? Reportedly back in 1966, the Beatles sang "If you drive a car, I'll tax the street / If you try to sit, I'll tax your seat..." ("Taxman" from the album Revolver). Meanwhile it's that time of the year when the taxman's piercing gaze falls on mortals who eke out an honest living. The last date for filing I-T return for 2018-19 is July 31. Like most other years the last date may be extended. The threshold exemption
- WB released $250 Million for post flood construction work for Kerala
- Few places of Chennai received heavy Rainfall
- SBI fined for violating asset classification norms: RBI
- Kia Seltos CEOs Letter raises Trolling & Criticism
- Opposition Parties meets Governor regarding construction of New Telangana Secretariat
- BJP MLA's daughter and her Husband on the run since they announced their marriage
- Is Saravana Bhavan Hotel owner suffering from heart ailment?
- Widespread criticism raised in Chandrayaan 2 issue
- Why this BJP MLA criticizes Muslims?
- Ravi Prakash's Future Plan Announcement in August
- YS Jagan constituted Cabinet Sub-Committee to review PPAs
- Hyderabad Woman jumped from 4th floor with 3 year kid
- This 12 year Girl runs a Free Library in Kochi
- Chennai Corporation specified penalty amounts for those who do not comply with plastic ban
- Uber Eats to boost business in Small Town