Bengaluru sources stated that report by cab aggregator Ola has stated that the city's infamously slow traffic is the third slowest among 20 cities surveyed in India, only behind Patna and Kolkata. Meanwhile Ola's report, 'Ease of Moving Index 2018,' was released by Union Minister for Road Transport Highways, Shipping and Water Resources Nitin Gadkari in New Delhi. The report looked at 20 cities and surveyed 43,000 people.
Accordingly it noted that the average speed of Bengaluru traffic is 15.5 km per hour, and travel during peak hours takes 162% more time than the same distance traveled during non-peak hours. Meanwhile unsurprisingly, more than 70% of the city's residents did not find public transit comfortable or time-saving, and believe that last-mile connectivity needs to be improved in the city.
Furthermore only 15% of the Bengaluru's residents use public transport, according to the report, and high-density vehicular movement powered by unclean fuels is responsible for 37% of the total PM 2.5 and PM 10 (referring to particulate matter such as pollen, ash and dust particles), sulphur dioxide and carbon dioxide emissions in the city. Hence the report also notes that though travelling by metro is cheap, the cost of travelling to and from metro stations can be high, forcing many people to abandon the metro. Presently the use of auto-rickshaws is highest in Kochi at 32% of people surveyed. Hyderabad leads the way in shared mobility and Bengaluru in digital transactions.
TDP Govt in AP implemented Rythu Raksha scheme According to sources Rythu Raksha is a scheme aimed at providing input subsidy for farmers in Andhra Pradesh. Meanwhile the Government has proposed to credit the money directly into the bank account of farmers and the scheme will be implemented from the next Kharif season in a phased manner. Hence this scheme will also include tenant farmers. Furthermore the guidelines for the scheme
- Food Apps staff warned for violating Traffic Rules
- Tamilnadu CM ready for By-polls with Lok Sabha Polls
- Exciting News: Flipkart Republic Day Sale started from January 20 to 22, 2019
- Hyderabad Police organized Job Connect program to provide job opportunities
- GoAir to operate services from Kannur to Muscat from February 28
- Did Sasikala have special privileges in Jail?
- Telangana CM KCR's ideology to make Telangana roads shine like a Mirror
- Lalu Prasad Yadav to get a verdict on January 28!
- H.Raja gets triggered with Stalin speech!
- Dhanush's costar reveals sexual harassment trouble!
- Did Congress MLA gift Mercedes Benz to Siddaramaiah?
- I salute Manohar Parrikar's efforts at work," PM Modi
- Muhurtam for Telangana CM KCR's Chandiyaagam is fixed
- Traffic diversions in Chennai for Republic Day Parade
- UNESCO names Rio De Janeiro as 2020 World's Capital Structure