Bengaluru sources stated that report by cab aggregator Ola has stated that the city's infamously slow traffic is the third slowest among 20 cities surveyed in India, only behind Patna and Kolkata. Meanwhile Ola's report, 'Ease of Moving Index 2018,' was released by Union Minister for Road Transport Highways, Shipping and Water Resources Nitin Gadkari in New Delhi. The report looked at 20 cities and surveyed 43,000 people.
Accordingly it noted that the average speed of Bengaluru traffic is 15.5 km per hour, and travel during peak hours takes 162% more time than the same distance traveled during non-peak hours. Meanwhile unsurprisingly, more than 70% of the city's residents did not find public transit comfortable or time-saving, and believe that last-mile connectivity needs to be improved in the city.
Furthermore only 15% of the Bengaluru's residents use public transport, according to the report, and high-density vehicular movement powered by unclean fuels is responsible for 37% of the total PM 2.5 and PM 10 (referring to particulate matter such as pollen, ash and dust particles), sulphur dioxide and carbon dioxide emissions in the city. Hence the report also notes that though travelling by metro is cheap, the cost of travelling to and from metro stations can be high, forcing many people to abandon the metro. Presently the use of auto-rickshaws is highest in Kochi at 32% of people surveyed. Hyderabad leads the way in shared mobility and Bengaluru in digital transactions.
Kollywood Actors pitch in for Cyclone Gaja According to sources as rescue operations are underway in cyclone Gaja affected areas of Tamilnadu’s coastal and delta districts, several actors from the state have stepped forward to do their bit. As per report it was stated that actors Sivakumar, Suriya, Karthi and Jyotika have together announced a donation of Rs 50 Lakh from their production house 2D Entertainment as relief fund for
- Why Pawan halted his Praja Porata Yatra abruptly & left to Mumbai?
- California Wildfire death toll Rose to 80
- What astrologers say various political entities in Telangana elections 2018?
- Andhra Man found under Moving Train, Escaped miraculously Watch this VIDEO!
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Kundli-Manesar-Palwal (KMP) Expressway in Gurgaon
- Telangana Polls : TRS Vs Mahakutami - Ramana promises Mahakutami will bring down KCR family
- Revanth Ready set to score a hat-trick this time
- Dog meat controversy catches fire!
- CM yet to visit Delta - The reasons?
- People surround ministers in Orathanadu!
- Rain warnings for Delta districts!
- Not mandatory to provide Aadhaar to appear for Neet, UGC & CBSE exams
- TN DMK Party contributes 1 crore towards Cyclone relief activities
- Why Donald Trump stops Military Aid to Pakistan?
- Prabhas is in talks with a motor bike company for endorsement deals