Chennai sources stated that with special buses departing the city to various destinations to cater to the Deepawali rush, the Puratchi Thalaivar MGR Bus terminus premises and its adjacent areas in Koyambedu, experienced heavy traffic jams, with buses including Omni buses crawling at snail’s pace. Meanwhile even Egmore and Central railway stations witnessed huge crowds, and trains that left Chennai were jam-packed with people.
Furthermore adding to traffic woes, is the ongoing one-km grade separator work on busy Jawaharal Nehru Salai, a project which should have been completed by the end of last June. Presently, motorists and the public are left to bear the brunt of chaotic traffic for the next couple of days.
The transport department said government buses carried a whopping 1.60
lakh passengers from Chennai to several destinations by late Friday evening,
while bus stands like Koyambedu,Poonamallee,
Is Tamilnadu a Garbhagriha if India is a Temple Chennai sources made a statement that Tamilnadu created many spiritual leaders including those from Jains to serve the people. Meanwhile this was also the objective of the late chief minister J. Jayalalitha, who had taken a political path. Accordingly Chief Minister Edappadi K. Palaniswami said in Acharya Shree Mahashraman Chaturmas Pravas Vyavastha Samiti held in the city, on Saturday. “Jain saints and late Chief Minister J. Jayalalitha converge on same ideals”.
- GST Council reduces tax rates
- Kollywood Actors pitch in for Cyclone Gaja
- Why Pawan halted his Praja Porata Yatra abruptly & left to Mumbai?
- California Wildfire death toll Rose to 80
- What astrologers say various political entities in Telangana elections 2018?
- Andhra Man found under Moving Train, Escaped miraculously Watch this VIDEO!
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Kundli-Manesar-Palwal (KMP) Expressway in Gurgaon
- Telangana Polls : TRS Vs Mahakutami - Ramana promises Mahakutami will bring down KCR family
- Revanth Ready set to score a hat-trick this time
- Dog meat controversy catches fire!
- CM yet to visit Delta - The reasons?
- People surround ministers in Orathanadu!
- Rain warnings for Delta districts!
- Not mandatory to provide Aadhaar to appear for Neet, UGC & CBSE exams
- TN DMK Party contributes 1 crore towards Cyclone relief activities