Perhaps the most photogenic moment of Diwali, the rangoli which is derived from a Sanskrit word meaning color is a design pattern that you make on the floor using colored sand, rice, powders or flower petals. And it is not to go undocumented! People spend hours crafting intricate rangolis, which they light up with tea candles at night.
One of the biggest Diwali traditions is that Indians open up their homes to their family and friends, who, in turn, bring those gifts. This means that the majority of Indians spend the day both visiting their friends and family, and hosting them at their own house basically, it’s one big hangout. Important note: while it’s customary in many cultures to give alcohol as a gift, this isn’t appropriate on Diwali.
Indians believe that Diwali is an auspicious (lucky) time to declutter, because good spirits are more likely to waft in and flow around when there isn’t as much clutter to block them. As a visitor, you probably won’t have to do any cleaning yourself, but it’s good to know that most of the places you visit will look extra clean and magical, thanks to the Diwali touch.
Jagan's New Rule Detrimental to Investments in Andhra Pradesh? The Ruling Party in Andhra Pradesh has introduced a bill on the employment of local candidates in industries and factories mandate the state government to ensure 75 percent of employment opportunities to locals. It also puts the government under obligation to provide training to eligible local candidates.
- AP Opposition Leader & FM had heated argument about WB funding
- Congress Becomes Headless in Andhra Pradesh
- Will 86 Indian Sailors Held Captive in Indonesia be released?
- Three TDP MLAs Suspended from AP Assembly
- YS Jagan's Bumper Offer to Junior NTR?
- Farewell given to ESL Narasimhan by AP CM Jagan
- AP CM Jagan greeted ISRO team for launching Chandrayaan 2 successfully
- UIDAI to appoint adjudicating Officer to deal in contravention cases
- Picture of Priyanka Chopra smoking gone viral
- Chandrayaan 2 successfully launched by ISRO
- Did Kerala successfully fought against Nipah Virus?
- Sri Reddy is tech savvy & knows just how to use social media
- Telangana CM KCR reached his native village
- Why no Top Official greeted Pakistani OM Imran Khan at Dulles Airport?
- Visakhapatnam facing crunch of Domestic flights