Sources from Houston stated that Texas Governor Greg Abbott hosted Diwali celebrations at his residence at an event attended by prominent Indian Americans where he lauded the community for its achievements in various fields. Meanwhile Abbott lit the ceremonial lamp at the governor's mansion in Austin city, to mark the festival of lights.
As per report at Sunday's event, Abbott conveyed Diwali wishes to Prime Minister Narendra Modi, the people of India and Indian Americans living in Texas and other US states and this is the fourth year in a row that the Texas governor has hosted Diwali celebrations at his mansion in Austin. Furthermore those present at the ceremony included Indian Consul General Anupam Ray, Deputy Consul General Surendra Adhana and well-known Indian Americans from across Texas.
Accordingly Abbot lauded the Indian American community for its achievements in various fields and in participating in the prosperity of Texas and also he recalled his visit to India earlier this year, his meeting with Prime Minister Modi, and with prominent Indian industry leaders. He also spoke about the growing friendship and trade between India and Texas and the similarities between Indian and Texan values. Abbott said "The growing similarity of shared values such as education, entrepreneurship, economic advancement, and compassion will continue to bring the communities of India, Texas and Indian Americans closer to each other".
Few places of Chennai received heavy Rainfall Accordingly in what came as a pleasant relief for a parched city, Chennai witnessed heavy rainfall on Sunday evening. Meanwhile at a time when the city is faced with a crippling water crisis, the convective rains came accompanied by thunder and lightning in many parts of the city.
- SBI fined for violating asset classification norms: RBI
- Kia Seltos CEOs Letter raises Trolling & Criticism
- Opposition Parties meets Governor regarding construction of New Telangana Secretariat
- BJP MLA's daughter and her Husband on the run since they announced their marriage
- Is Saravana Bhavan Hotel owner suffering from heart ailment?
- Widespread criticism raised in Chandrayaan 2 issue
- Why this BJP MLA criticizes Muslims?
- Ravi Prakash's Future Plan Announcement in August
- YS Jagan constituted Cabinet Sub-Committee to review PPAs
- Hyderabad Woman jumped from 4th floor with 3 year kid
- This 12 year Girl runs a Free Library in Kochi
- Chennai Corporation specified penalty amounts for those who do not comply with plastic ban
- Uber Eats to boost business in Small Town
- Ram Madhav confirmed on humiliation at TANA?
- Siddaramaiah announces Trust Vote on Thursday at Karnataka Assembly