Accordingly personal attacks and name-calling have become commonplace in poll-bound Telangana, with political discourse degrading with each passing day. Earlier on Monday, Irrigation Minister and nephew of TRS chief K Chandrasekhar Rao T Harish Rao, during a speech, said that he would cut off the tongue of Revuri Ramesh from the Telugu Desam Party.
Harish Rao said “As a last-ditch effort, they are resorting to cheap tricks. If you continue speaking like this, he will cut off your tongue, let him warn you”. Moreover, courting controversy by way of making remarks is not new for the TRS. Previously in May, Finance Minister Etela Rajender was criticized for making the exact same remark when the Opposition criticized the Rythu Bandhu scheme introduced by the TRS. Furthermore Congress star campaigner Revanth Reddy gives the TRS stiff competition when it comes to controversial remarks and personal attacks.
The situation hit a new low when TRS’ Chennur candidate Balka Suman and Revanth Reddy were embroiled in a nasty war of words. Balka Suman showered abuses on Revanth Reddy and called him a ‘dwarf’. Moreover political commentator T Lakshminarayana feels that the EC should take proactive steps to ensure that such personal attacks are avoided during campaigns. “Politicians will abide by the law only if the Election Commission of India takes prompt action against them.
History Maker: Iniyavan - Inventor of 2000 types of Idlis According to sources as an ordinary auto driver, Dr Iniyavan did not have the faintest idea that helping to transport idli batter to a cook’s home would ignite his passion for the dish and pave his way to achieving a space in the Guinness World Records as well as making him a world renowned name.
- Where is Vamsi? When he will file nomination?
- To Whom will YSRCP voters vote in Vizag when their candidate failed to give fight?
- Telangana High Court Clears Way for Lakshmi's NTR Release
- Sumalatha will contest as an independent from Mandya
- JD Lakshminarayana To Take On Balakrishna's Alludu
- Goa's new CM be BJP's Pramod Sawant
- Kamal Hassan announces candidates list by March 20
- KCR in mindset to start National Party after Polls