Accordingly personal attacks and name-calling have become commonplace in poll-bound Telangana, with political discourse degrading with each passing day. Earlier on Monday, Irrigation Minister and nephew of TRS chief K Chandrasekhar Rao T Harish Rao, during a speech, said that he would cut off the tongue of Revuri Ramesh from the Telugu Desam Party.
Harish Rao said “As a last-ditch effort, they are resorting to cheap tricks. If you continue speaking like this, he will cut off your tongue, let him warn you”. Moreover, courting controversy by way of making remarks is not new for the TRS. Previously in May, Finance Minister Etela Rajender was criticized for making the exact same remark when the Opposition criticized the Rythu Bandhu scheme introduced by the TRS. Furthermore Congress star campaigner Revanth Reddy gives the TRS stiff competition when it comes to controversial remarks and personal attacks.
The situation hit a new low when TRS’ Chennur candidate Balka Suman and Revanth Reddy were embroiled in a nasty war of words. Balka Suman showered abuses on Revanth Reddy and called him a ‘dwarf’. Moreover political commentator T Lakshminarayana feels that the EC should take proactive steps to ensure that such personal attacks are avoided during campaigns. “Politicians will abide by the law only if the Election Commission of India takes prompt action against them.
Has Money played major role in Telangana Elections? According to sources in a Democracy, it holds true for elections too, where you can not only buy people what they like or eat, but you can also buy their vote just by appeasing them. Meanwhile in the recently concluded Assembly elections in Telangana, money seems to have played a major role, say political observers. They added like never before, money has been spent and distributed across Telangana.
- KCRs risky decisions in times are fruitful
- Ranil Wickremesinghe takes oath as Sri Lanka's PM on Sunday
- Why Anushka Shetty missing away from limelight?
- IndiGo Flight from Mumbai to Lucknow grounded due to Bomb Threat
- IFF kick-started in Chennai
- Nepal Govt banned usage of Indian Currency Notes
- Banks be closed for 5 Days due to Merger
- Has Harish Rao's post given by TRS Party Supreme KCR?
- TRS party considering giving a representation to EC regarding symbol issues
- 13 Miners trapped in Coal pit yet to be rescued
- Donald Trump's son-in-law short listed for President's next chief of staff
- Rehana Fathima gets a bail and ban!
- BJP to focus on caste based votes!
- BJP corners Rahul Gandhi now!
- TTV Dinakaran wishes Senthil Balaji!