Sources from Wagah, Punjab made a statement that the troops at the Border Security Force (BSF) and Pakistan Rangers on Wednesday exchanged sweets at the Wagah Border in Punjab on the occasion of Diwali. Meanwhile as a goodwill gesture, the BSF and Pakistani Rangers exchange pleasantries with each other every year on the national and religious festivals of the two countries, like Republic Day, Independence Day, Eid and Diwali, despite cross border tensions.
Furthermore it was stated that earlier, the two sides had exchanged sweets on the occasion of Eid al-Adha and India's 72nd Independence Day. As per report it was stated that there was no exchange of greetings on Republic Day this year due to rising incidents of ceasefire violations and border tension.
Reports from Wagah added that the tradition of exchanging sweets had briefly come to halt in 2016 in the wake of an attack on Indian Army camp in Uri.
Will YS Jagan accept invitation from KTR in joining Federal Front? Hyderabad sources reported that K T Rama Rao, who is the son of Telangana Chief Minister and TRS President K. Chandrashekhar Rao, also known as KCR, along with some other leaders of the party will hold talks with Jaganmohan Reddy, who is the Leader of Opposition in Andhra Pradesh Assembly. Meanwhile this will be the first direct talks between the leaders of two parties since KCR floated
- Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police?
- Mahesh Kathi comes with another controversy with Pawan Kalyan
- Trump ordered American feast of burgers for visiting football team
- Telugu comedian Brahmanandam undergone bypass surgery
- AK Sikri declines joining commonwealth tribunal!
- Kodanadu estate case investigation in peaks!
- UP minister's tells people to burn politicians!
- Supreme Court notice to central govt!
- A Judge partially blocked a set of Trump administration rules
- Follow Indian Traditions Leave Western Lifestyles: Venkaiah Naidu
- Unresolved differences between Kanchi Seer and Mahatma Gandhi continues
- Cockpit Voice recorder of Lion Air Jet found
- Modi said BJP worker is driven by National Interest & not by any self-interest
- KCR plans that will last generations
- RBI tokenizes transactions made through Debit, Credit & Prepaid Cards in India