As per report Hyderabad’s iconic Karachi bakery at Ameerpet has come under the scanner of the civic body officials following a complaint from a customer. Meanwhile the premises of the bakery were raided on Tuesday after a customer complained of finding worms in sweets purchased from the bakery and immediately the customer took to twitter to post pictures of the spoil sweets.
Furthermore as the tweet went viral, Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) West Zone Commissioner Hari Chandana took cognizance of the matter and ordered its authorities to raid the premises. When talking to TNM, Deepak Pinto, who found the contaminated batch of sweets, told TNM that the confectioneries were a gift from friends. Deepak said “The sweets were well within the expiry date, where his wife first noticed a white powdered substance on the sweets. We couldn’t really decide if the sweets were contaminated or not and found worms in two more sweets and the remaining had a white powdered substance on top of it”.
Moreover Karachi is one of the iconic eateries in Hyderabad and boasts of a history of 65 years. It is for the first time in the recent history that the bakery has been raided. In 2014, an outlet of the bakery at Banjara Hills was sealed for allegedly violating food hygiene norms and not maintaining the standards stipulated by the municipal body.
Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja Recently Anna University has announced that theory examinations scheduled for Friday will now be conducted on December 13. As per report the University has also postponed examinations scheduled for November 17 to December 14 and the examinations have been rescheduled on account of Cyclone Gaja, which hit the coastal areas in Tamilnadu on Friday.
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code