Accordingly Cab aggregators Ola and Uber have been under a lot of criticism for manipulating fares and indulging in unfair trade practices. Meanwhile the companies got a clean chit from the country’s competition watchdog the Competition Commission of India (CCI). Furthermore delivering a 13 page order CCI has rejected allegations against them leveled by an individual.
Furthermore the two main charges leveled against the ride-share taxi operators were that they were in collusion among themselves and the drivers and charged fares which amounted to price cartelization and that they were imposing a resale price maintenance system and CCI has rejected both these charges.
Moreover on the technical aspect of resale price maintenance, CCI has said there should be evidence of some kind of floor price being fixed and maintained by the service provider to be charged under the competition laws. Hence the Commission did not find any such evidence in the case of Uber and Ola of any floor price being fixed; on the other hand, CCI has pointed out that on occasions the fares go down much below the normal rates any taxi driver would have charged for the same distance or trip. Further in conclusion, the CCI’s order states that “existence of an agreement, understanding or arrangement that demonstrates meeting of minds, is a sine qua non for establishing a contravention under Section 3 of the Act” and that in its view, no such agreement exists and therefore, the charges stand rejected.
Rapper Cardi B has slammed US President Donald Trump Washington sources reported that after continuing her tirade against US President Donald Trump, rapper Cardi B has claimed that decisions taken by Trump are "destroying" the country (USA) as the partial government shutdown nears a month. Reportedly "You are so blinded with racism that you don't even realize the decisions the president you root for is destroying the country you claim
- TDP Govt in AP implemented Rythu Raksha scheme
- Food Apps staff warned for violating Traffic Rules
- Tamilnadu CM ready for By-polls with Lok Sabha Polls
- Exciting News: Flipkart Republic Day Sale started from January 20 to 22, 2019
- Hyderabad Police organized Job Connect program to provide job opportunities
- GoAir to operate services from Kannur to Muscat from February 28
- Did Sasikala have special privileges in Jail?
- Telangana CM KCR's ideology to make Telangana roads shine like a Mirror
- Lalu Prasad Yadav to get a verdict on January 28!
- H.Raja gets triggered with Stalin speech!
- Dhanush's costar reveals sexual harassment trouble!
- Did Congress MLA gift Mercedes Benz to Siddaramaiah?
- I salute Manohar Parrikar's efforts at work," PM Modi
- Muhurtam for Telangana CM KCR's Chandiyaagam is fixed
- Traffic diversions in Chennai for Republic Day Parade