Sources from Kolkata stated that on the second anniversary of demonetization, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Thursday slammed the central government under Prime Minister Narendra Modi for cheating the nation with the note-ban "scam". Furthermore calling it a dark day, Banerjee tweeted "The government cheated our nation with this big Demonetization scam and it ruined the economy and the lives of millions. People will punish those who did this."
Meanwhile the Centre had on the day in 2016, at 8 p.m. announced a ban on the currency notes of Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 in a sudden move that took everyone by surprise, restricting availability of money for the next two days and taking months to return to normal.
Mamata Banerjee added that "DarkDay yesterday is the second anniversary of Demonetization disaster. Moreover as per report it was stated that from the moment it was announced she said so. Renowned economists, common people and all experts now all agree”.
Infosys co-founder awarded honorary degree of Doctor of Science by University of London Reportedly Infosys co-founder Narayana Murthy on Friday was awarded the honorary degree of Doctor of Science (Honoris Causa) by Royal Holloway, University of London, for his outstanding contribution to the field of Computer Science and the role model he represents in India and on the global stage.
- Holiday declared for all schools & colleges in Karnataka today due to Heavy Rain
- 4 Dams shutters opened in Kerala due to heavy rain
- To boost MSME CM Jagan launched "YSR Navodayam"
- Telangana ACB looks into ESI Medicine supplies scam
- PM Modi had asked people to send their ideas for his Independence speech
- 3 Day heavy rain warning given to Telangana: IMD
- Who is role model in AP?
- Will Anna Canteen workers be paid their salary?
- Your Porn viewing habits tracked by Google & Facebook
- Heavy Rain lashing Kerala
- AP state Govt Employees to get 30% HRA
- WB decided not to fund Amaravati Sustainable Capital City Development Project
- Central Government Behind World Bank Refusing Loan for Amaravati?
- Edappadi announced 2 New Districts for Tamilnadu
- Complaints Against Bigg Boss 3 Reaches Delhi