New Delhi sources stated that attacking the Narendra Modi government on the for the 2016 demonetization, former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh urged the Centre to restore certainty and visibility in its economic policies. Accordingly the former Finance Minister also asked the current NDA regime not to indulge in any further unorthodox, short-term economic measures that could cause any more uncertainty in the economy and financial markets.
Furthermore terming demonetization an "ill-fated" and "ill-thought" exercise, Singh's statement said "Yesterday marks the second anniversary of the ill-fated and ill-thought demonetization and the havoc that it unleashed on the Indian economy and society is now evident to everyone. Singh said in a statement "Notebandi (demonetization) impacted every single person, regardless of age, gender, religion, occupation or creed”.
Moreover he also said that even after two years, the economy was yet to "recover from the demonetization shock". Further it is often said that time is a great healer, but unfortunately, in the case of demonetization, the scars and wounds of demonetization are only getting more visible with time.
Jagan's New Rule Detrimental to Investments in Andhra Pradesh? The Ruling Party in Andhra Pradesh has introduced a bill on the employment of local candidates in industries and factories mandate the state government to ensure 75 percent of employment opportunities to locals. It also puts the government under obligation to provide training to eligible local candidates.
- AP Opposition Leader & FM had heated argument about WB funding
- Congress Becomes Headless in Andhra Pradesh
- Will 86 Indian Sailors Held Captive in Indonesia be released?
- Three TDP MLAs Suspended from AP Assembly
- YS Jagan's Bumper Offer to Junior NTR?
- Farewell given to ESL Narasimhan by AP CM Jagan
- AP CM Jagan greeted ISRO team for launching Chandrayaan 2 successfully
- UIDAI to appoint adjudicating Officer to deal in contravention cases
- Picture of Priyanka Chopra smoking gone viral
- Chandrayaan 2 successfully launched by ISRO
- Did Kerala successfully fought against Nipah Virus?
- Sri Reddy is tech savvy & knows just how to use social media
- Telangana CM KCR reached his native village
- Why no Top Official greeted Pakistani OM Imran Khan at Dulles Airport?
- Visakhapatnam facing crunch of Domestic flights