New Delhi sources stated that attacking the Narendra Modi government on the for the 2016 demonetization, former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh urged the Centre to restore certainty and visibility in its economic policies. Accordingly the former Finance Minister also asked the current NDA regime not to indulge in any further unorthodox, short-term economic measures that could cause any more uncertainty in the economy and financial markets.
Furthermore terming demonetization an "ill-fated" and "ill-thought" exercise, Singh's statement said "Yesterday marks the second anniversary of the ill-fated and ill-thought demonetization and the havoc that it unleashed on the Indian economy and society is now evident to everyone. Singh said in a statement "Notebandi (demonetization) impacted every single person, regardless of age, gender, religion, occupation or creed”.
Moreover he also said that even after two years, the economy was yet to "recover from the demonetization shock". Further it is often said that time is a great healer, but unfortunately, in the case of demonetization, the scars and wounds of demonetization are only getting more visible with time.
Will JanaSena ally with TDP or get alone? Presently it looks like AP Chief Minister and Telugu Desam Party Chief N. Chandrababu Naidu has again took U-Turn and developed a soft corner on the party's former ally, Jana Sena Party. Meanwhile soon after the TDP broke off its ties with the BJP, the Telugu Desam Party refrained from making any criticism of Pawan Kalyan or Jana Sena despite a slew of attacks from the Jana Sena leaders and supporters.
- Tehelka Mathews makes another accusation on Jayalalitha's mysterious death!
- Tamilisai opens up on DMK alliance!
- Priyanka Gandhi enters active politics!
- Alone time given Me the strength to handle life: PM Modi
- Indian Movie nominated for Oscars
- Will Prabhas get BJP MLA ticket for 2019 Elections?
- APSRTC Employees Union calls for indefinite statewide strike from February 6
- Hyderabad HC issued notices to makers of 'Lakshmi's NTR'
- Iconic Bikini Climber dies on Mountain
- Toyota makes Joint Venture with Panasonic
- India's Air Passenger Traffic hikes
- India facing a rising tide of people unwilling to be vaccinated
- Chinese vendors flooded both online & offline channels for Smartphone selling
- TDP is seemingly attempting to tap into Kapu vote bank
- Former VHP leader's sensational remark on Modi!