Hyderabad sources reported that seat sharing deal among partners of the Congress led grand alliance for the December 7 Assembly elections in Telangana has been finalized, a key AICC functionary said Thursday. Meanwhile the AICC in-charge of Telangana affairs, R C Khuntia told, "Seat-sharing has been finalized and it will be announced after its approval by Congress President Rahul Gandhi."
Furthermore this ends weeks of negotiations that the Congress had with its electoral partners the Telugu Desam Party (TDP), Telangana Jana Samithi (TJS) and the Communist Party of India (CPI). Meanwhile Khuntia did not say how many seats the Congress would contest in the polls for the 119 member Assembly but party sources indicated that it would not be less than 90.
Moreover a TDP leader claimed that his party may get 14 to 18 seats. Reportedly the founder President of TJS, Prof M Kodandaram said the Congress has offered his party eight to ten seats, whereas he is seeking a minimum of 12 but expressed hope that the issue would be settled. He told "Some adjustment has to happen but we are more worried about the delay (in finalizing the seat-sharing formula)”.
Hyderabad Police booked 12 Websites for publishing defamatory article Hyderabad sources made a statement that after taking swift action on websites that posted news of a rumored affair between film actor Prabhas and Y.S. Sharmila, sister of YSRCP chief Y.S Jaganmohan Reddy, the Hyderabad Police sent notices to 12 websites which have published such defamatory articles and videos.
- GHMC shelving its plan to revise property tax rates
- Again old rupee notes in Chennai!
- World's first genetically modified child!
- Edappadi checks food quality!
- Will DMK intervene in Mekedatu project?
- Prakash Raj to contest election as an Independent from Bengaluru-Central constituency
- Religion politics have not fared well in the South
- Paytm's New Feature adds benefit to Partner Merchants
- Deepika Padukone titled World's Most Beautiful Bride
- Amazon's New Year Sale delivery makes Record!!!
- Lord Vishnu statue carved from a monolithic block reached Singarapettai
- Jio New Year Offer recharges done between December 28, 2018, to January 31, 2019
- 437 CCTV Cameras installed in Chennai, Kilpauk Jurisdiction
- High Court Justice orders 37 ISPs to block 12,000 Websites
- Trump cancelled his own participation in Davos, citing row over his proposed wall