Accordingly a day after Tamilnadu Law Minister CVe Shanmugam threatened to take legal action against the filmmakers of Sarkar, AIADMK MLA and former Mayor of Madurai VV Rajan Chellappa on Thursday launched a protest in front of a multiplex in Madurai. Meanwhile he demanded that the film not be screened until the controversial scenes are removed from it.
Accordingly a social activist has submitted a complaint to the Chennai City Police Commissioner on Thursday requesting him to file a case of sedition against director AR Murugadoss. Furthermore the complaint, filed by G Devarajan, stated that the freebies were distributed by former Chief Ministers M Karunanidhi and J Jayalalitha to be used by economically disadvantaged people in the state.
The complaint read “It pained him to watch the scene in which AR Murugadoss threw the free mixie and grinders into the fire in the movie Sarkar and the things that he threw into the fire were properties (symbols) of the government. This scene was shot with an intention to insult Tamil Nadu government”. Moreover further claiming that AR Murugadoss shot Sarkar with an intention to insult the state government thereby disrupting the unity and harmony in the country, the complaint stated, “He requests you to consider AR Murugadoss as a traitor who intended to instigate the violence against the state government.”
GST Council reduces tax rates New Delhi sources stated that conceding a yearlong demand, sanitary pads today exempted from GST as the GST Council reduced tax rates on an array of daily use appliances and products. Meanwhile Finance Minister Piyush Goyal told reporters that GST tax on sanitary pads was cut from 12% to zero, rakhis were exempted from the tax.
- Kollywood Actors pitch in for Cyclone Gaja
- Why Pawan halted his Praja Porata Yatra abruptly & left to Mumbai?
- California Wildfire death toll Rose to 80
- What astrologers say various political entities in Telangana elections 2018?
- Andhra Man found under Moving Train, Escaped miraculously Watch this VIDEO!
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Kundli-Manesar-Palwal (KMP) Expressway in Gurgaon
- Telangana Polls : TRS Vs Mahakutami - Ramana promises Mahakutami will bring down KCR family
- Revanth Ready set to score a hat-trick this time
- Dog meat controversy catches fire!
- CM yet to visit Delta - The reasons?
- People surround ministers in Orathanadu!
- Rain warnings for Delta districts!
- Not mandatory to provide Aadhaar to appear for Neet, UGC & CBSE exams
- TN DMK Party contributes 1 crore towards Cyclone relief activities
- Why Donald Trump stops Military Aid to Pakistan?