According to sources for the first time in the past 21 years, the Medical Council of India (MCI) has decided to bring about a change in the MBBS curriculum. Meanwhile the new syllabus, which will be introduced after much consideration, will incorporate more classes which will focus on mental health, public health, as well as on communication skills. Accordingly the new course will also focus on counseling patients and their relatives about organ donation.
Furthermore the new course will also have a set of ‘outcome-based’ classes including Attitude, Ethics, and Communication (AETCOM). Meanwhile AETCOM will be introduced to students’ right from their first year and aims to train students on how to communicate with patients and their relatives. Hence the new syllabus will also include a module on how to approach and counsel patients about organ donation and the benefits of the same, something which is not actively done at present.
Moreover students will also be evaluated on their ability to handle patient relations, with particular emphasis on how to handle sensitive subjects and situations as well as obtaining a patient’s consent. Further the revised syllabus is likely to be implemented from the next academic year, i.e. 2019 and hence at the time of admission, the students will also have the option of selecting the subjects they are interested in.
Last date for filing I-T return for 2018-19 is July 31, Have you filed? Reportedly back in 1966, the Beatles sang "If you drive a car, I'll tax the street / If you try to sit, I'll tax your seat..." ("Taxman" from the album Revolver). Meanwhile it's that time of the year when the taxman's piercing gaze falls on mortals who eke out an honest living. The last date for filing I-T return for 2018-19 is July 31. Like most other years the last date may be extended. The threshold exemption
- WB released $250 Million for post flood construction work for Kerala
- Few places of Chennai received heavy Rainfall
- SBI fined for violating asset classification norms: RBI
- Kia Seltos CEOs Letter raises Trolling & Criticism
- Opposition Parties meets Governor regarding construction of New Telangana Secretariat
- BJP MLA's daughter and her Husband on the run since they announced their marriage
- Is Saravana Bhavan Hotel owner suffering from heart ailment?
- Widespread criticism raised in Chandrayaan 2 issue
- Why this BJP MLA criticizes Muslims?
- Ravi Prakash's Future Plan Announcement in August
- YS Jagan constituted Cabinet Sub-Committee to review PPAs
- Hyderabad Woman jumped from 4th floor with 3 year kid
- This 12 year Girl runs a Free Library in Kochi
- Chennai Corporation specified penalty amounts for those who do not comply with plastic ban
- Uber Eats to boost business in Small Town