According to sources for the first time in the past 21 years, the Medical Council of India (MCI) has decided to bring about a change in the MBBS curriculum. Meanwhile the new syllabus, which will be introduced after much consideration, will incorporate more classes which will focus on mental health, public health, as well as on communication skills. Accordingly the new course will also focus on counseling patients and their relatives about organ donation.
Furthermore the new course will also have a set of ‘outcome-based’ classes including Attitude, Ethics, and Communication (AETCOM). Meanwhile AETCOM will be introduced to students’ right from their first year and aims to train students on how to communicate with patients and their relatives. Hence the new syllabus will also include a module on how to approach and counsel patients about organ donation and the benefits of the same, something which is not actively done at present.
Moreover students will also be evaluated on their ability to handle patient relations, with particular emphasis on how to handle sensitive subjects and situations as well as obtaining a patient’s consent. Further the revised syllabus is likely to be implemented from the next academic year, i.e. 2019 and hence at the time of admission, the students will also have the option of selecting the subjects they are interested in.
Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police? Reports added Mohan Reddy's sister YS Sharmila on Monday lodged a complaint with Hyderabad Police Commissioner seeking action against those trying to defame her by spreading rumors on social media. Furthermore she said "Some unknown people defamed me before 2014 elections by spreading fake rumors that she is having a relationship. Again, some people are trying to defame me on social media”.
- Mahesh Kathi comes with another controversy with Pawan Kalyan
- Trump ordered American feast of burgers for visiting football team
- Telugu comedian Brahmanandam undergone bypass surgery
- AK Sikri declines joining commonwealth tribunal!
- Kodanadu estate case investigation in peaks!
- UP minister's tells people to burn politicians!
- Supreme Court notice to central govt!
- A Judge partially blocked a set of Trump administration rules
- Follow Indian Traditions Leave Western Lifestyles: Venkaiah Naidu
- Unresolved differences between Kanchi Seer and Mahatma Gandhi continues
- Cockpit Voice recorder of Lion Air Jet found
- Modi said BJP worker is driven by National Interest & not by any self-interest
- KCR plans that will last generations
- RBI tokenizes transactions made through Debit, Credit & Prepaid Cards in India
- TNSTC announced it will operate an additional 14,263 services for Pongal