Lucknow sources reported that after Mughalsarai became Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Nagar, Allahabad was renamed as Prayagraj and then Faizabad as Ayodhya last week, the list of districts to be renamed is all set to become longer. Accordingly BJP leaders from various districts are sending letters to the Chief Minister’s Office, suggesting new names for their districts. BJP MLA from Agra Jagan Prasad Garg has suggested that the name of this historic city be changed to ‘Agravan’.
Meanwhile the demand to rename Lucknow as Laxmanpuri began three months ago when senior party leader and now Governor of Bihar Lalji Tandon, wrote about the history of the state capital in his book Ankaha Lucknow in which he claimed that the city originally belonged to Laxman and was known as Laxmanpur. Presently BJP leaders want Lucknow to be renamed Laxmanpuri as a tribute to Laxman, brother of Lord Ram.
Incidentally the Bajrang Dal, has been using Laxminagar as the name of the district in its posters and banners. Moreover the BJP leaders of Azamgarh want their district to be renamed as Aryagarh and those in Kanpur want the district to be named as Kanhapur. Ram Manohar Lochan, a local BJP leader said “Kanpur has no meaning it was known as Cawnpore during the British rule and later was pronounced as Kanpur”.
Congress ahead in Rajasthan & Chhattisgarh Accordingly even as counting is still underway in the five states, the Congress has started sending overtures to form the government in Rajasthan and the party is leading in the state and its Rajasthan chief Sachin Pilot has said that he is in contact with "like-minded" people. Reportedly the party has taken a big lead in Chhattisgarh and Rajasthan, but is engaged in a close contest with the BJP in Madhya Pradesh.
- Protests before Kerala CM residence!
- Congress Leads in Chhattisgarh,Rajasthan, TRS in Telangana
- #TelanganaElections2018 - Zero chances for Lotus to Bloom anywhere in South India
- #TelanganaElections2018 - TRS got 77% of the Polled votes and this is one of the best margins in Indian Democratic History
- Voter turnout in Hyderabad fell to a dismal figure of 48.9%
- Call centre for Women's Emergency helpline inaugurated in Chennai
- #AssemblyElections2018 - Track Live Updates
- #AssemblyElections2018 -A humongous victory for TRS surpassing 90 seat mark, Congress Leads in 3 states
- Counting of Votes for Telangana in full swing
- TRS Leading in Early Trends of Counting!!!
- Polling results from Rajasthan, Telangana, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh & Mizoram LIVE UPDATES
- Telangana Leaders took Four Days break before Counting of Votes
- Top House Democrats raised prospect of impeachment for Trump
- SC dismissed PIL challenging dissolution of J&K Assembly by Governor Satya Pal Malik
- Which Party will win Higher Percentage in Telangana?