Accordingly Hockey India on Thursday named the 18 member Indian squad for the Odisha Hockey Men's World Cup 2018 which is scheduled to begin on November 28 at the Kalinga Stadium in Bhuvaneshwar. Meanwhile the team will be led by Manpreet Singh while the vice-captain is Chinglensana Singh Kangujam and the Indian squad, who are scheduled to begin their campaign against South Africa on the opening day, features P.R. Sreejesh and Krishan Bahadur Pathak as goalkeepers.
Furthermore experienced defender Birendra Lakra, who makes a comeback into the team after missing out the Asian Champions Trophy in Muscat last month due to rehabilitation, will be joined by Amit Rohidas, Surender Kumar, Kothajit Singh and 2016 Junior World Cup winners Harmanpreet Singh, Varun Kumar.
Moreover the midfield will see the dynamic Manpreet Singh who played a pivotal role in India's campaign as defending champions at the Asian Champions Trophy. As per report Chinglensana Singh Kangujam will add to the experience in the centre along with young guns Sumit, Nilakanta Sharma also of the Junior World Cup team and Hardik Singh, who made his International debut last month. Accordingly India is grouped in Pool C along with World No.3 Belgium, Canada and South Africa and they will need to finish on top of the pool to secure a place in the quarter-finals.
Thirumavalavan confirms no PMK with DMK! Viduthalai Chiruthaigal party leader Thol Thirumavalavan has said that Pattali Makkal Katchi party won't be joining the DMK alliance and that there was no possibility of this alliance happening. There are efforts and activities happening in TN political scenario to form a union against the ruling AIADMK party, and even PMK party has been a part of these efforts against ADMK.
- Congress ahead in Rajasthan & Chhattisgarh
- Protests before Kerala CM residence!
- Congress Leads in Chhattisgarh,Rajasthan, TRS in Telangana
- #TelanganaElections2018 - Zero chances for Lotus to Bloom anywhere in South India
- #TelanganaElections2018 - TRS got 77% of the Polled votes and this is one of the best margins in Indian Democratic History
- Voter turnout in Hyderabad fell to a dismal figure of 48.9%
- Call centre for Women's Emergency helpline inaugurated in Chennai
- #AssemblyElections2018 - Track Live Updates
- #AssemblyElections2018 -A humongous victory for TRS surpassing 90 seat mark, Congress Leads in 3 states
- Counting of Votes for Telangana in full swing
- TRS Leading in Early Trends of Counting!!!
- Polling results from Rajasthan, Telangana, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh & Mizoram LIVE UPDATES
- Telangana Leaders took Four Days break before Counting of Votes
- Top House Democrats raised prospect of impeachment for Trump
- SC dismissed PIL challenging dissolution of J&K Assembly by Governor Satya Pal Malik