An RTI petition has revealed that the mercy plea to be sent by Tamilnadu government to the governor with regards to the release of the 7 accused in Rajiv Gandhi murder case, had not been sent at all.
In 1991, Congress leader Rajiv Gandhi had been to Sriperumbudur for election campaign when he was killed in a blast and in connection to this case, Shanthan, Perarivalan, Murugan, Nalini, Robert, Ravichandran, Jayakumar were arrested and had been serving jail sentence for almost 26 years.
Jayalalitha government had passed resolution to release them after tenure, and later Supreme Court had also ordered state government to decide on release. However with an RTI petition it has been revealed that TN government had not forwarded the plea to the governor.
Ravishankar firm on program plans! Art of living founder Sri Sri Ravishankar has said that with the help of court, an order will be obtained and his planned meditation program will be conducted in Thanjavur Periya Kovil temple itself. On behalf of art of living foundation it was planned to host meditation programs on Fridays and Saturdays on the premises of Thanjavur Periya Kovil itself.
- People against Jayalalitha's memorial!
- Jaipur Princess filed for Divorce
- Bengaluru boy uses Broomstick to beat his Mother
- Ramdas Athawale slapped by 30 old man at a public event in Maharashtra
- KTR openly claims that TRS would return to power with 100 seats
- Will Congress' talks with MIM give an edge?
- World Bank says remittance inflow to India last year was USD 68.9 billion
- Trump's Son in Law had private conversations with Saudi Crown Prince
- Vaiko warned as TN worst affected in India for Mekedatu Project
- Wedding celebrations of Isha Ambani as grand as expected
- Australian Shark trampled a surfer
- World's Largest Arabic Audio Libraries launched in Dubai
- Will Owl Bird create misfortune for Elections?
- Telangana polls reflected the paradox of perceptions of rural & urban voters
- Congress Spokesperson attacked Yogi Adithyanath