Amaravathi sources reported that Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu on Sunday expanded his cabinet with the induction of two ministers. Meanwhile Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan administered the oath of office and secrecy to NMD Farooq and Kidari Sravan at a ceremony attended by Naidu, his other cabinet colleagues and senior officials.
As per report Farooq, a member of the State Legislative Council, had been serving as the chairman of the Upper House of the state legislature. Furthermore he had earlier served as a Minister in the cabinet of N.T. Rama Rao and Chandrababu Naidu in undivided Andhra Pradesh and Sravan is the son of Kidari Sarveswara Rao, who was gunned down by Maoists in Visakhapatnam district in September.
Sarvesawara Rao was a member of the State Legislative Assembly from Araku. With this expansion, Naidu has given representation to Muslims and tribals in the cabinet, seven months before the Assembly elections. Moreover the induction of two ministers has taken the strength of the cabinet to 26. The two cabinet berths were vacant after two ministers belonging to Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) resigned from Telugu Desam Party (TDP) led government in March and hence this followed TDP pulling out of BJP led National Democratic Alliance (NDA) at the Centre.
Ravishankar firm on program plans! Art of living founder Sri Sri Ravishankar has said that with the help of court, an order will be obtained and his planned meditation program will be conducted in Thanjavur Periya Kovil temple itself. On behalf of art of living foundation it was planned to host meditation programs on Fridays and Saturdays on the premises of Thanjavur Periya Kovil itself.
- People against Jayalalitha's memorial!
- Jaipur Princess filed for Divorce
- Bengaluru boy uses Broomstick to beat his Mother
- Ramdas Athawale slapped by 30 old man at a public event in Maharashtra
- KTR openly claims that TRS would return to power with 100 seats
- Will Congress' talks with MIM give an edge?
- World Bank says remittance inflow to India last year was USD 68.9 billion
- Trump's Son in Law had private conversations with Saudi Crown Prince
- Vaiko warned as TN worst affected in India for Mekedatu Project
- Wedding celebrations of Isha Ambani as grand as expected
- Australian Shark trampled a surfer
- World's Largest Arabic Audio Libraries launched in Dubai
- Will Owl Bird create misfortune for Elections?
- Telangana polls reflected the paradox of perceptions of rural & urban voters
- Congress Spokesperson attacked Yogi Adithyanath