Chennai sources stated that Tamilnadu Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswami defended the protests against AR Murugadoss’ Deepawali release Sarkar which was a target of protests by members of the ruling party. Meanwhile the AIADMK had staged protests last week claiming that certain scenes in the movie insulted former Tamilnadu CM J Jayalalitha.
The CM said, addressing the media outside Coimbatore airport “Any self-respecting party member will be infuriated if their party leader and the policies introduced by them are mocked”. Furthermore he, however, added, “It is wrong news that AIADMK members alone tore down banners. General public too expressed their dissent and because of it, those scenes were removed from the film.”
Moreover he also questioned Kollywood’s contribution to people’s welfare, saying, “They make films with these exorbitant budgets and where is all this money coming from? Reportedly Palaniswami also took a jibe against actor turned politician Kamal Hassan, who had spoken in support of Sarkar. Finally after widespread protests by AIADMK members across the state, three scenes were altered from the film.
Minister Vijayabhaskar expresses joy! Minister Vijayabhaskar has expressed his happiness stating that just like he guessed, the Amma Makkal Munnetra Katchi camp is dismantling itself. He said that the continuous calls from leaders of AIADMK including chief minister Edappadi Palanisamy to call the members of Amma Makkal munnetra Katchi who split from ADMK can come and join back with the mother party is paying rich dividends.
- Rahul gives an opportunity for BJP!
- BJP losing Urban seats Day by Day
- Malaysia Fantastic Deals Package launched for Indian Tourists
- KTR confident in winning Lok Sabha Polls by 2019
- Swiggy's Next Customer base is Students
- Will KCR replicate Rythu Bandhu Scheme across India?
- Celebrities across Globe attended Isha-Anand Royal Wedding
- KCR took oath as CM of Telangana for Second Time
- Bumper Airfare Fly to any place with Rs.999
- Single use plastic be banned in TN from January 1, 2019
- Know the Most Searched personality in Google 2018
- People of Telangana & Hyderabad rejected politics of Cong & BJP: Owaisi
- 102 year old skydiver did it for helping many
- Internal conflicts arising in BJP?
- BJP twist in Madhya Pradesh!