Chennai sources stated that Tamilnadu Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswami defended the protests against AR Murugadoss’ Deepawali release Sarkar which was a target of protests by members of the ruling party. Meanwhile the AIADMK had staged protests last week claiming that certain scenes in the movie insulted former Tamilnadu CM J Jayalalitha.
The CM said, addressing the media outside Coimbatore airport “Any self-respecting party member will be infuriated if their party leader and the policies introduced by them are mocked”. Furthermore he, however, added, “It is wrong news that AIADMK members alone tore down banners. General public too expressed their dissent and because of it, those scenes were removed from the film.”
Moreover he also questioned Kollywood’s contribution to people’s welfare, saying, “They make films with these exorbitant budgets and where is all this money coming from? Reportedly Palaniswami also took a jibe against actor turned politician Kamal Hassan, who had spoken in support of Sarkar. Finally after widespread protests by AIADMK members across the state, three scenes were altered from the film.
YS Vivekananda Reddy's family questions about Investigation of his death Amaravathi sources stated that the family members of slain YSRCP leader and former minister YS Vivekananda Reddy have raised several doubts over the investigation. Meanwhile YS Vivekananda Reddy's wife Soubhagyamma has expressed her dissatisfaction over the investigation being carried out by the Special Investigation Team (SIT) in her husband's murder case.
- History Maker: Lakshman Das Mittal - Founder of Tractor Master
- Lokesh Falters Again, This Time Mistake in Affidavit
- Jagan Complains to The Election Commission on KA Paul
- TDP Candidate's Nomination Rejected
- Shocking News: IT Raids against Mahesh Babu
- Actress Jayaprada joins BJP
- Marvelous Typewriter Artist types Portrait of IAF Pilot Abhinandan
- What are the chances of YSRCP winning 2019 elections? 8 Factors which you should Look at
- YSR Congress Candidate's Nomination May Be Rejected?
- Tamanna is the First Trangender from AP to contest elections
- Pavan immaturity or innocence helps CBN!
- Will Actor Mohan Babu join YSRCP Party?
- CBN just a producer says Jagan!
- Student's answers with KGF, Baahubali references!
- Seniors given voluntary retirement!