Hyderabad sources reported that the Election Commission on Monday issued notification for the December 7 election to the Telangana Legislative Assembly. Meanwhile according to the notification, nominations would be accepted from November 12 to 19 while the date for scrutiny of papers has been fixed on November 20. Hence the last date for withdrawing nominations is November 22.
As per report polls are scheduled to be held on December 7 and counting would be held on December 11. Furthermore communication from the Chief Electoral Officer's office stated, the total number of voters in Telangana have gone down by nearly nine lakh to 2.73 crore for the Assembly polls. Hence there would be more than 32,574 polling stations in the state and few more may be set up depending on the number of voters.
Moreover the Election Commission on Friday imposed a near month long ban on holding exit polls beginning November 12 in the five poll bound states including Telangana. Accordingly TRS has already announced its candidates for 107 segments, including 105 at one go within minutes of the Assembly dissolution, giving it a jump start to the campaign and stunning the opposition. Further the main opposition Congress forged an electoral pact with the Telugu Desam Party (TDP) headed by AP Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu, the Telangana Jana Samiti (TJS) founded by retired Osmania University Political Science Professor Kodandaram and the Communist Party of India.
Protests before Kerala CM residence! In connection with the Sabarimala verdict and the government decision to abide by it. Wide spread protests have been going on in Kerala, and yesterday, there were huge protests held outside the residence of Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan.
- Congress Leads in Chhattisgarh,Rajasthan, TRS in Telangana
- #TelanganaElections2018 - Zero chances for Lotus to Bloom anywhere in South India
- #TelanganaElections2018 - TRS got 77% of the Polled votes and this is one of the best margins in Indian Democratic History
- Voter turnout in Hyderabad fell to a dismal figure of 48.9%
- Call centre for Women's Emergency helpline inaugurated in Chennai
- #AssemblyElections2018 - Track Live Updates
- #AssemblyElections2018 -A humongous victory for TRS surpassing 90 seat mark, Congress Leads in 3 states
- Counting of Votes for Telangana in full swing
- TRS Leading in Early Trends of Counting!!!
- Polling results from Rajasthan, Telangana, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh & Mizoram LIVE UPDATES
- Telangana Leaders took Four Days break before Counting of Votes
- Top House Democrats raised prospect of impeachment for Trump
- SC dismissed PIL challenging dissolution of J&K Assembly by Governor Satya Pal Malik
- Which Party will win Higher Percentage in Telangana?
- Strange case of a damaging goat!