Hyderabad sources reported that the Election Commission on Monday issued notification for the December 7 election to the Telangana Legislative Assembly. Meanwhile according to the notification, nominations would be accepted from November 12 to 19 while the date for scrutiny of papers has been fixed on November 20. Hence the last date for withdrawing nominations is November 22.
As per report polls are scheduled to be held on December 7 and counting would be held on December 11. Furthermore communication from the Chief Electoral Officer's office stated, the total number of voters in Telangana have gone down by nearly nine lakh to 2.73 crore for the Assembly polls. Hence there would be more than 32,574 polling stations in the state and few more may be set up depending on the number of voters.
Moreover the Election Commission on Friday imposed a near month long ban on holding exit polls beginning November 12 in the five poll bound states including Telangana. Accordingly TRS has already announced its candidates for 107 segments, including 105 at one go within minutes of the Assembly dissolution, giving it a jump start to the campaign and stunning the opposition. Further the main opposition Congress forged an electoral pact with the Telugu Desam Party (TDP) headed by AP Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu, the Telangana Jana Samiti (TJS) founded by retired Osmania University Political Science Professor Kodandaram and the Communist Party of India.
Pawan Kalyan - The Faded Power? Powerstar Pawan Kalyan got a dream start to his career - a beginning that any debutant would crave for. That he's Megastar Chiranjeevi's brother gave him an instant entry into films, but his debut wasn't a success despite being a remake. However, he followed up with back to back successful flicks, Gokulamlo Seetha, Suswagatham, Tholi Prema (a cult classic that is still celebrated), Thammudu, Badri and Khushi.
- Jagan Drops A Bomb on Nara Lokesh in Mangalagiri
- After 14 years this Coimbatore Govt School gets power supply
- Rajahmundry Becomes Tough for all Parties
- Balayogi Son's Sudden Entry Shocks All
- TDP Candidate's Nomination Likely To Be Rejected?
- Kakinada Turns Crucial for 2019 Polls
- YS Jagan delivers aggressive speech against CBN & Pawan
- Censor Board Clears Lakshmi's NTR, Releasing on 29th March
- If you are Voting for Pawan Kalyan's Janasena, it means you are supporting TDP
- Tamilnadu PMK Leader Anbumani Assets worth revealed
- What will happen if you vote for NOTA? Can it affect election results if NOTA gets a majority?
- MK Stalin ready to Investigate Jayalalitha's death after coming to power
- Tamilisai contesting in Thoothukudi!
- Fire accident in AIIMS hospital!
- NTR and Jagan have same ideology