Chennai sources stated that Cyclonic storm Gaja will cross Tamilnadu coast between Cuddalore and Pamban on November 15, bringing heavy rainfall coupled with gale wind, the Meteorological office said on Monday as the state government put its machinery on alert and kept on standby 30,500 rescue personnel. Meanwhile the neighboring union territory of Puducherry, which is also covered by the cyclone alert, said it is on high alert as well and precautionary steps are being taken to meet the situation.
Furthermore the IMD said in its latest bulletin the cyclone lay about 720 km east northeast of Chennai over the Bay on Monday and it is very likely to move west southwestwards and intensify further into a severe cyclonic storm by Tuesday. Accordingly Tamilnadu Chief Minister K Palaniswami chaired a high level meeting at the Secretariat of Ministers and top officials to review the preparedness in the wake of the storm and forecast of heavy rainfall.
Moreover Revenue Minister RB Udaya Kumar said 30,500 rescue personnel were on standby while arrangements had been made for food and shelter at relief centres for those in low lying areas. Presently across the state, a total of 4,399 locations have been identified as vulnerable and teams have been deployed for rescue. Further citing the IMD forecast of heavy rains, the Central Water Commission issued an advisory to Tamilnadu and Kerala authorities to maintain strict vigil at various dams which come under the "cyclone field" and are already 80% to 91% full.
#GautamGambhir joins BJP - says He is impressed by PM Modi's Vision Former Indian cricketer and opening batsman Gautam Gambhir, who had also captained Kolkata Knight Riders and Delhi Daredevil sin IPL has now joined Bharatiya Janata Party. With the elections nearing, both BJP and Congress are keen on roping in star candidates and recently former cricketer Jadeja's wife had joined BJP, and now Gambhir has joined.
- Pawan Kalyan's Accusations Worrying Pithapuram Sitting MLA
- Tough Fight In Rajahmundry City
- Fear of Failure for Chandra Babu Naidu
- A common man for YSRCP in Srikakulam
- #WorldWaterDay #SaveWater - Every drop counts
- Bengaluru, the cheapest Asian City!
- The big contest at Vizianagaram!
- KCR keeps TRS busy!
- List of TRS Candidates for Parliament
- Modi Ignores LK Advani Yet Again
- Mangalagiri.. Not easy for Lokesh
- Jet Airways Pilots urged PM to instruct Management for settling pending salaries
- List of BJP Candidates for Parliament
- Kamal Hassan's MNM Party will not indulge in horse trading in LS Polls
- Balayya achieved fame for his Violent Eccentricities than Social Work