According to sources more than five lakh devotees witnessed the ‘Soorasamharam’ event on the sixth day of the ‘Kanda Sashti’ festival on Tuesday at Tiruchendur the second abode of Lord Muruga. Meanwhile the temple was opened for devotees in the wee hours of 1 am on Tuesday, following which ‘Vishwaroopa Darshan’ and ‘Vijayamarthanda Abishegam’ was performed at 1:30 am and 2 am respectively.
Previously after regular ‘Poojas’, Lord Jeyanthinathar (Lord Muruga) was taken in a procession in the golden temple car at around 2 pm to the ‘Sashti Mandapam’, from where the Lord was taken to the sea shore to vanquish the demon king Soorapadman at around 5:40 pm. Furthermore before that, the ritual of the Lord with the spear beheading Gajamugasooran and the Singamugasooran was observed.
Moreover later in the evening, devotees took a holy dip in the sea and concluded their sixth day fast. ‘Thirukalyanam’ will be performed on the seventh day of the ‘Sashti’ festival. Accordingly the traffic congestion at Tiruchendur during the Soorasamharam day of the Kanda Sashti festival was well managed by the Thoothukudi district police. As per report when around 6,000 car passes were issued to permit four wheelers up to the temple bus stand that created great discomfort to the devotees, this year on the suggestion of the district police, distribution of car passes to the public was restricted to 1,500 this year.
Ravishankar firm on program plans! Art of living founder Sri Sri Ravishankar has said that with the help of court, an order will be obtained and his planned meditation program will be conducted in Thanjavur Periya Kovil temple itself. On behalf of art of living foundation it was planned to host meditation programs on Fridays and Saturdays on the premises of Thanjavur Periya Kovil itself.
- People against Jayalalitha's memorial!
- Jaipur Princess filed for Divorce
- Bengaluru boy uses Broomstick to beat his Mother
- Ramdas Athawale slapped by 30 old man at a public event in Maharashtra
- KTR openly claims that TRS would return to power with 100 seats
- Will Congress' talks with MIM give an edge?
- World Bank says remittance inflow to India last year was USD 68.9 billion
- Trump's Son in Law had private conversations with Saudi Crown Prince
- Vaiko warned as TN worst affected in India for Mekedatu Project
- Wedding celebrations of Isha Ambani as grand as expected
- Australian Shark trampled a surfer
- World's Largest Arabic Audio Libraries launched in Dubai
- Will Owl Bird create misfortune for Elections?
- Telangana polls reflected the paradox of perceptions of rural & urban voters
- Congress Spokesperson attacked Yogi Adithyanath