As per report Hyderabad High Court on Tuesday agreed to hear a Public Interest Litigation (PIL) filed by senior BJP leader Subramanian Swamy, challenging the constitutional validity of the Andhra Pradesh government’s control over 11 temples, including the Sri Venkateswara temple atop Tirumala. Meanwhile a two judge bench comprising of Chief Justice TBN Radhakrishnan and Justice SV Bhatt asked the state and Centre to file its responses after Swamy alleged several financial irregularities in the Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanam (TTD), the governing body of the richest Hindu temple in the world.
Furthermore the plea also challenged provisions of the Andhra Pradesh Charitable and Hindu Religious Institutions and Endowments Act, 1987. Hence the court sought an audit report of the TTD, which is generally conducted under the state's Endowments Department. It referred to the TTD’s budget of Rs 2,678 crore for 2016-17 and alleged that the TTD did not have an external audit of its accounts and that money was diverted from the TTD funds.
Moreover Swamy had earlier approached the Supreme Court seeking a direction to free the temples from state government control and also the Supreme Court refused to hear the case and had asked the petitioner to move the High Court in Hyderabad.
Thirumavalavan confirms no PMK with DMK! Viduthalai Chiruthaigal party leader Thol Thirumavalavan has said that Pattali Makkal Katchi party won't be joining the DMK alliance and that there was no possibility of this alliance happening. There are efforts and activities happening in TN political scenario to form a union against the ruling AIADMK party, and even PMK party has been a part of these efforts against ADMK.
- Congress ahead in Rajasthan & Chhattisgarh
- Protests before Kerala CM residence!
- Congress Leads in Chhattisgarh,Rajasthan, TRS in Telangana
- #TelanganaElections2018 - Zero chances for Lotus to Bloom anywhere in South India
- #TelanganaElections2018 - TRS got 77% of the Polled votes and this is one of the best margins in Indian Democratic History
- Voter turnout in Hyderabad fell to a dismal figure of 48.9%
- Call centre for Women's Emergency helpline inaugurated in Chennai
- #AssemblyElections2018 - Track Live Updates
- #AssemblyElections2018 -A humongous victory for TRS surpassing 90 seat mark, Congress Leads in 3 states
- Counting of Votes for Telangana in full swing
- TRS Leading in Early Trends of Counting!!!
- Polling results from Rajasthan, Telangana, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh & Mizoram LIVE UPDATES
- Telangana Leaders took Four Days break before Counting of Votes
- Top House Democrats raised prospect of impeachment for Trump
- SC dismissed PIL challenging dissolution of J&K Assembly by Governor Satya Pal Malik