As per report Hyderabad High Court on Tuesday agreed to hear a Public Interest Litigation (PIL) filed by senior BJP leader Subramanian Swamy, challenging the constitutional validity of the Andhra Pradesh government’s control over 11 temples, including the Sri Venkateswara temple atop Tirumala. Meanwhile a two judge bench comprising of Chief Justice TBN Radhakrishnan and Justice SV Bhatt asked the state and Centre to file its responses after Swamy alleged several financial irregularities in the Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanam (TTD), the governing body of the richest Hindu temple in the world.
Furthermore the plea also challenged provisions of the Andhra Pradesh Charitable and Hindu Religious Institutions and Endowments Act, 1987. Hence the court sought an audit report of the TTD, which is generally conducted under the state's Endowments Department. It referred to the TTD’s budget of Rs 2,678 crore for 2016-17 and alleged that the TTD did not have an external audit of its accounts and that money was diverted from the TTD funds.
Moreover Swamy had earlier approached the Supreme Court seeking a direction to free the temples from state government control and also the Supreme Court refused to hear the case and had asked the petitioner to move the High Court in Hyderabad.
Bhimavaram & Gajuwaka best bets for Pawan Kalyan by partys General Body Accordingly Jana Sena Party Chief Pawan Kalyan will be contesting two seats in his first ever time in the election fray. Meanwhile in the upcoming Assembly Elections in Andhra Pradesh, Pawan will contest from Bhimavaram in West Godavari and from the Gajuwaka constituency in Visakhapatnam.
- Nagababu Joins Party, Janasena Becomes Another Family Pack
- RTO attacked by actor's friend!
- Goa gets a new head!
- PM Modi likely to interact with Public about 'Main Bhi Chowkidar' by March 31
- Election Battle: Parties Cooking Strategies for Victory In Godavari
- Curious Case of Uttarandhra in 2019 Polls
- Chandra Babu Facing Huge Pressure
- DK Aruna Jumps into BJP
- Jagan Pinned Hopes On His Family
- Decoding Pawan Kalyan's Strategy For Assembly Elections
- Will Goa CM Pramod Sawant win Floor test by Wednesday?
- Curiosity Around Bheemili Constituency
- Popular Rayalaseema Reddy Back to Basics!
- Key accused in Pollachi sexual abuse Case sent to judicial remand
- Flash floods & Mud slides increased death toll in Indonesia