Accordingly leading food ordering and delivery startup Swiggy on Tuesday said it would engage about 2,000 women as delivery personnel by March 2019. The city based online food delivery platform said in a statement in Bengaluru "About 2,000 women will join our delivery team by March next year. Over the last few months, we have been working on training women for opportunities in this growing food delivery sector”.
Furthermore by deploying more women as delivery personnel across the country, the company said it aimed to create an inclusive workforce. Meanwhile the company engages around lakh personnel daily to deliver food across 45 Indian cities it operates in. Presently, about 60 women are tied up with Swiggy across 10 cities, including Ahmadabad, Kochi, Kolkata, Mumbai, Nagpur and Pune, to deliver food.
The company said "We are creating a women friendly work environment with a dedicated helpline for any concern, as well as appointing more women in managerial roles”. Presently Swiggy is identifying 'safe zones' for women delivery personnel to operate in and will allow them to complete their deliveries by 6 pm.
BJP made scrapping of Article 370 its main talking point in assembly elections in Haryana & Maharashtra Sources from Pune stated that Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who was addressing a rally in poll bound Maharashtra's Pune district on Thursday, made a surprising gesture to his audience while speaking on his government's recent decision to scrap Article 370, which granted special status to Jammu and Kashmir. Meanwhile as the crowd cheered for him, he halted his speech, stepped aside from the dais and bowed before the public twice.
- PMC Bank came under RBI scanner
- Kerala Cops searches Jolly's friend seen in many photos
- Northeast Monsoon intensified in Tamilnadu
- Will AP Secretaries stop Fake News?
- Telangana's new Liquor Policy received 41,000 applications
- Will TRS predicts Huzurnagar Bye Election Result?
- AIADMK announced candidates for Assembly by-polls
- Nirav Modi remanded to Prison until November 11
- Kamala Harris asked Twitter to suspend Trump's account for attacking lawmakers
- Rajnath Singh hit back at Congress against human rights violations
- African Mona Lisa painting fetched pre-auction estimate of £1.1 million
- Investors can find no better place in the world than India: Nirmala Sitharaman
- TN Govt directed all blood banks in Tamilnadu to use Blood Donation feature on Facebook
- Exide industries launches e-vehicle in name of Exide Neo
- Jio alleged Airtel, Vodafone Idea & BSNL fraudulently masquerading against violation of IUC Regulations