Due to Gaja storm, 6 districts of Tamilnadu will have holidays announced for all the schools and colleges located there. Gaja storm has reached Tamilnadu, and it has been expected that the impacts of the storm will be seen throughout the state. Gaja storm will cross the sea today, and it will cross the sea between Pamban and Cuddalore.
Due to Gaja storm, various parts of Tamilnadu have already started witnessing a decent quantity of rainfall all over and the protection and precautionary measures have been intensified in districts and places located in coastal areas of Tamilnadu.
Following such heavy threat posed by Gaja storm, schools and colleges of 6 districts have been announced holidays. Cuddalore, Nagapattinam, Thiruvarur, Ramanathapuram, Pudhukottai, Thanjavur are the districts that will have holidays for the schools and colleges, and even in Pondicherry, today schools will be on holiday. The exams of Alagappa University which were scheduled to happen tomorrow were also postponed due to the threatening Gaja storm.
IFF kick-started in Chennai Accordingly the 16th edition of the Chennai International Film Festival was kicked off in the city on Thursday with an inaugural function held at Kalaivanar Arangam. Reports added the festival will continue for a week until December 20. It is spearheaded by Indo Cine Appreciation Foundation (ICAF), CIFF is an annual event that showcases some of the best National and International films and draws a huge crowd of cinephiles, both young and old from across the state.
- Nepal Govt banned usage of Indian Currency Notes
- Banks be closed for 5 Days due to Merger
- Has Harish Rao's post given by TRS Party Supreme KCR?
- TRS party considering giving a representation to EC regarding symbol issues
- 13 Miners trapped in Coal pit yet to be rescued
- Donald Trump's son-in-law short listed for President's next chief of staff
- Rehana Fathima gets a bail and ban!
- BJP to focus on caste based votes!