Chennai sources stated that a statue of late DMK chief M Karunanidhi will be unveiled in Chennai next month, the party announced Thursday. As per report National level leaders of various political parties are expected to attend the function to unveil the life size statue on December 16.
Reports added that “It will be located alongside a refurbished statue of DMK founder and late chief minister CN Annadurai at the party headquarters here”. The party said in a statement without elaborating further that “A life size statue of Dr Kalaignar will be unveiled by all India leaders”.
Accordingly Karunanidhi, who passed away on August 7 this year aged 94, was addressed as ‘Kalaignar’ by party workers and supporters. Late Karunanidhi had worked for the development of the DMK party and has written numerous poems, stories and had written script for many movies. His fans all over Tamilnadu feel excited to see his life size statue soon.
IFF kick-started in Chennai Accordingly the 16th edition of the Chennai International Film Festival was kicked off in the city on Thursday with an inaugural function held at Kalaivanar Arangam. Reports added the festival will continue for a week until December 20. It is spearheaded by Indo Cine Appreciation Foundation (ICAF), CIFF is an annual event that showcases some of the best National and International films and draws a huge crowd of cinephiles, both young and old from across the state.
- Nepal Govt banned usage of Indian Currency Notes
- Banks be closed for 5 Days due to Merger
- Has Harish Rao's post given by TRS Party Supreme KCR?
- TRS party considering giving a representation to EC regarding symbol issues
- 13 Miners trapped in Coal pit yet to be rescued
- Donald Trump's son-in-law short listed for President's next chief of staff
- Rehana Fathima gets a bail and ban!
- BJP to focus on caste based votes!