Sources from Thiruvananthapuram stated that Social activist Trupti Desai said Wednesday she would visit the Sabarimala temple, which saw frenzied protests from devotees against the Supreme Court's decision to allow women of all ages to offer prayers, with six other women in the 10-50 age group on Saturday.
Meanwhile the Lord Ayyappa shrine will re-open for the two-month-long Madala-Makkarvilakku puja on Saturday. Accordingly Desai, who spearheaded the campaign for women to be allowed into various religious places, including Shani Shingnapur temple, the Haji Ali Dargah, the Mahalakshmi Temple and the Trimbakeshwar Shiva Temple, in an email to Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan sought security as she fears an attack on her life during her visit to the hill shrine.
Moreover the Chief Minister's Office said they had received the e-mail and it has been sent to the officials concerned. Desai has also sent a mail to Prime Minister Narendra Modi, urging him to ensure security for her visit to the shrine. Reports added the temple had witnessed a string of protests from the main Opposition Congress, the BJP, the RSS and other right-wing outfits against the CPI (M) led LDF government's decision to implement the September 28 apex court verdict, lifting the centuries old ban on the entry of women in the 10-50 age group.
Jagan Drops A Bomb on Nara Lokesh in Mangalagiri After considering surveys in ten constituencies across the state and looking for a safe place, Lokesh was fielded by Chandrababu in Mangalgiri Constituency. TDP leaders themselves say that Chandrababu is now doubtful if Lokesh wins there. Lokesh is aggressively campaigning in the constituency but the response has been very poor.
- After 14 years this Coimbatore Govt School gets power supply
- Rajahmundry Becomes Tough for all Parties
- Balayogi Son's Sudden Entry Shocks All
- TDP Candidate's Nomination Likely To Be Rejected?
- Kakinada Turns Crucial for 2019 Polls
- YS Jagan delivers aggressive speech against CBN & Pawan
- Censor Board Clears Lakshmi's NTR, Releasing on 29th March
- If you are Voting for Pawan Kalyan's Janasena, it means you are supporting TDP
- Tamilnadu PMK Leader Anbumani Assets worth revealed
- What will happen if you vote for NOTA? Can it affect election results if NOTA gets a majority?
- MK Stalin ready to Investigate Jayalalitha's death after coming to power
- Tamilisai contesting in Thoothukudi!
- Fire accident in AIIMS hospital!
- NTR and Jagan have same ideology
- Not so Easy for Pawan Kalyan!