Hyderabad sources stated that caretaker minister K.T. Rama Rao offered to quit politics once and for all if the TRS lost the elections. Replying to a volley of questions posed by journalists at a Meet the Press organized by the Hyderabad Press Club, he asked if any of the Opposition leaders were prepared to accept his challenge of quitting politics if their parties lost the polls. Meanwhile he said there were as many as seven surveys conducted by different media organizations on the poll prospects of the parties after the dissolution of the Assembly on September 6, and six of them had predicted an overwhelming mandate for the TRS.
Furthermore replying to a question with regard to speculation that he would be the next Chief Minister, Mr. Rama Rao said, “He never had such a dream or wish and is content with what he is today in politics and he do not aspire for anything more. He wishes that Mr. K. Chandrasekhar Rao continues to shoulder the stewardship of the state for 15 more years and transform it with sustained growth.”
Moreover explaining the circumstances that led him to join the Telangana movement during the by-election for Karimnagar Lok Sabha seat, Mr. Rama Rao said that he joined the movement for statehood after giving up a decent job and he did not even dream of becoming a minister one day and he said there were many reasons for people from all quarters backing the TRS government.
Protests before Kerala CM residence! In connection with the Sabarimala verdict and the government decision to abide by it. Wide spread protests have been going on in Kerala, and yesterday, there were huge protests held outside the residence of Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan.
- Congress Leads in Chhattisgarh,Rajasthan, TRS in Telangana
- #TelanganaElections2018 - Zero chances for Lotus to Bloom anywhere in South India
- #TelanganaElections2018 - TRS got 77% of the Polled votes and this is one of the best margins in Indian Democratic History
- Voter turnout in Hyderabad fell to a dismal figure of 48.9%
- Call centre for Women's Emergency helpline inaugurated in Chennai
- #AssemblyElections2018 - Track Live Updates
- #AssemblyElections2018 -A humongous victory for TRS surpassing 90 seat mark, Congress Leads in 3 states
- Counting of Votes for Telangana in full swing
- TRS Leading in Early Trends of Counting!!!
- Polling results from Rajasthan, Telangana, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh & Mizoram LIVE UPDATES
- Telangana Leaders took Four Days break before Counting of Votes
- Top House Democrats raised prospect of impeachment for Trump
- SC dismissed PIL challenging dissolution of J&K Assembly by Governor Satya Pal Malik
- Which Party will win Higher Percentage in Telangana?
- Strange case of a damaging goat!