Chennai sources stated that at least 11 people have died as cyclonic storm ‘Gaja’ made landfall in Tamilnadu with wind speed gusting up to 120 kmph, Chief Minister K Palanisamy said on Friday. When speaking to reporters at Salem, Palanisamy said relief work will be taken up on a war footing and that the work was already underway and the government has received information that so far 11 persons have died," he said without divulging further information.
Meanwhile he said the families of the deceased will be provided a solatium of Rs 10 lakh each from the Chief Minister's Public Relief Fund (CMPRF). As per report those with severe injuries will be provided with Rs one lakh each while people who had sustained simple injuries will get Rs 25,000 as relief and the damage caused by Gaja, including to the fishing sector, was being assessed.
Moreover over 80,000 people were evacuated from low lying areas as Gaja crossed Tamilnadu's coast between Nagapattinam and nearby Vedaranyam early Friday, bringing in heavy rains in coastal regions. Accordingly the collector said reports of trees being uprooted under the impact of the cyclonic storm were received from different areas. The government had opened 190 relief centres.
Cyclonic Storm prevails over AP & North Tamilnadu According to sources the IMD stated the deep depression over south Bay of Bengal is likely to intensify into a cyclonic storm over the next 24 hours. Meanwhile the cyclonic storm is expected to move towards Andhra Pradesh and adjoining north Tamilnadu coast over the next 72 hours and the regions could witness heavy to very heavy rainfall.
- Interpol issued RCN to Mehul Choksi
- Ambani spent 100 Crores for Isha Ambani's Wedding
- YSRCP Leaders made a complaint to EC preventing Fake Votes
- Employee comes in Ambulance to ask leave!
- Minister Vijayabhaskar expresses joy!
- Rahul gives an opportunity for BJP!
- BJP losing Urban seats Day by Day
- Malaysia Fantastic Deals Package launched for Indian Tourists
- KTR confident in winning Lok Sabha Polls by 2019
- Swiggy's Next Customer base is Students
- Will KCR replicate Rythu Bandhu Scheme across India?
- Celebrities across Globe attended Isha-Anand Royal Wedding
- KCR took oath as CM of Telangana for Second Time
- Bumper Airfare Fly to any place with Rs.999
- Single use plastic be banned in TN from January 1, 2019