Chennai sources stated that at least 11 people have died as cyclonic storm ‘Gaja’ made landfall in Tamilnadu with wind speed gusting up to 120 kmph, Chief Minister K Palanisamy said on Friday. When speaking to reporters at Salem, Palanisamy said relief work will be taken up on a war footing and that the work was already underway and the government has received information that so far 11 persons have died," he said without divulging further information.
Meanwhile he said the families of the deceased will be provided a solatium of Rs 10 lakh each from the Chief Minister's Public Relief Fund (CMPRF). As per report those with severe injuries will be provided with Rs one lakh each while people who had sustained simple injuries will get Rs 25,000 as relief and the damage caused by Gaja, including to the fishing sector, was being assessed.
Moreover over 80,000 people were evacuated from low lying areas as Gaja crossed Tamilnadu's coast between Nagapattinam and nearby Vedaranyam early Friday, bringing in heavy rains in coastal regions. Accordingly the collector said reports of trees being uprooted under the impact of the cyclonic storm were received from different areas. The government had opened 190 relief centres.
After 14 years this Coimbatore Govt School gets power supply Accordingly the announcement of election dates turned out to be a blessing for a government school in Coimbatore district. Reportedly a government middle school located in the Thadagam reserve forest area, a region populated by tribals, received an electricity connection after 17 years since the school has been notified as a polling booth.
- Rajahmundry Becomes Tough for all Parties
- Balayogi Son's Sudden Entry Shocks All
- TDP Candidate's Nomination Likely To Be Rejected?
- Kakinada Turns Crucial for 2019 Polls
- YS Jagan delivers aggressive speech against CBN & Pawan
- Censor Board Clears Lakshmi's NTR, Releasing on 29th March
- If you are Voting for Pawan Kalyan's Janasena, it means you are supporting TDP
- Tamilnadu PMK Leader Anbumani Assets worth revealed
- What will happen if you vote for NOTA? Can it affect election results if NOTA gets a majority?
- MK Stalin ready to Investigate Jayalalitha's death after coming to power
- Pawan Kalyan - The Faded Power?
- Tamilisai contesting in Thoothukudi!
- Fire accident in AIIMS hospital!
- NTR and Jagan have same ideology
- Not so Easy for Pawan Kalyan!