Accordingly when the air quality in Delhi and other cities in the north is deteriorating with pollution level touching ‘hazardous’ mark, a new mobile app promises to be of some help. The app, Air Cognizer, uses camera images to estimate air pollution level in the vicinity. The idea has won its developer an award by the US based Marconi Society.
The app has been developed by a team from the Delhi-based Bharti Vidyapeeth College of Engineering. “It is a real time air quality analytics application. Click an image either through the smart phone camera or by the app camera. The image should be taken outdoors with half of the image covering the sky and should be uploaded on the app. After this, the user would get the air quality index of that locality,” explained Tanmay Srivastava, a team member, while speaking to India Science Wire.
As soon as the image gets uploaded on that app, the underlying software starts extracting the information from features of the image. By combining image processing with machine learning, the app can generate estimates of air quality. The image features used for analysis include how dark, intense or light is sky in the picture. After this the machine learning model estimates the air quality index (AQI) of that location. As of now, the app is capable of calculating air quality index, PM 2.5, SO2, ozone, temperature and humidity.
After 14 years this Coimbatore Govt School gets power supply Accordingly the announcement of election dates turned out to be a blessing for a government school in Coimbatore district. Reportedly a government middle school located in the Thadagam reserve forest area, a region populated by tribals, received an electricity connection after 17 years since the school has been notified as a polling booth.
- Rajahmundry Becomes Tough for all Parties
- Balayogi Son's Sudden Entry Shocks All
- TDP Candidate's Nomination Likely To Be Rejected?
- Kakinada Turns Crucial for 2019 Polls
- YS Jagan delivers aggressive speech against CBN & Pawan
- Censor Board Clears Lakshmi's NTR, Releasing on 29th March
- If you are Voting for Pawan Kalyan's Janasena, it means you are supporting TDP
- Tamilnadu PMK Leader Anbumani Assets worth revealed
- What will happen if you vote for NOTA? Can it affect election results if NOTA gets a majority?
- MK Stalin ready to Investigate Jayalalitha's death after coming to power
- Pawan Kalyan - The Faded Power?
- Tamilisai contesting in Thoothukudi!
- Fire accident in AIIMS hospital!
- NTR and Jagan have same ideology
- Not so Easy for Pawan Kalyan!